It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Ken Griffey Jr. First Ballot Hall of Famer?

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Can or will KGJ be a first ballot hall of famer? Even though he has his problems with injuries

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
no way should he even be considered on the first ballot. the hof is for career achievment, until he shows he can stay healthy and produce big numbers for a number of years he is in no way worthy of a vote

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
no way should he even be considered on the first ballot. the hof is for career achievment, until he shows he can stay healthy and produce big numbers for a number of years he is in no way worthy of a vote

Stole my thunder Toejam. if he had stayed healthy, imagine the numbers he would have. then we wouldn't be having this conversation. he'll go but it will take 2 or 3 attempts, at least it should, if he gets in on the first ballot it will be a travesty.

Ben

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 02:11 PM
link   
how could one player receive so many injuries

TRD

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well i don't think he should get in. As for getting injured so much it just happens to some sports stars. He might just be injury prone.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 08:46 PM
link   
I think he needs 4 or 5 more injury free seasons to be considered first-ballot.

posted on May, 8 2004 @ 10:17 PM
link   
well... he's looking pretty good with 2 HR's today and 5 RBI the other night.

Ben

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 01:59 PM
link   
he did look good, didnt he just have an injury

posted on May, 9 2004 @ 04:12 PM
link   
He did... just a little tweak. He left the game but was fine after that.

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I agree, let him ge ta couple of good seasons in without an injury, then consider him for the hof.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam

You are kidding right? 480+ hrs (at time of post) isn't a career achievement? He's created more runs then Joe D did. He's a esy HOFamer. First ballot is really irrelevent, you get in, or you don't.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:36 PM
link   
wow....hootie i agree.. the guys tied with mickey mantle!!!! 536 home runs a sure HOFer and a possible first ballot w/ a few more years of 25-40 home runs

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:43 PM
link   
yea but in this day in age guys hit like 30 HR's everyyear. If he reaches 575 or more hes 1st ballot, but he'll always be a HoFer

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I have no doubt he'll reah 600 HR's. He's an amazing player and should be a canidate even now. It's just excrutiatingly painful to see how his career has been the last 3 years.

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 10:55 PM
link   
the true meaning of a natural power hitter...he doesn't even lift much and he definetly didn't ever juice, with other power hitters im not so sure

posted on Sep, 10 2005 @ 11:00 PM
link   
very true...but it is the steroid era and the writers are going to put every stat into question...of course sosa mcgwire and palmeiro wont get it due to steroid use (alleged/proven) but kgriffey shuld get in no questions...he just needs to stay healthy next year and he's set, then its all up to the writers...

posted on Sep, 11 2005 @ 07:42 PM
link   
I am sorry but everyone that thinks that Ken Griffey Jr. isnt First Ballot material they know nothing of sports... He will make it on the first ballot no doubts about it, even with his injury plagued seasons he has put up some very, very impressive numbers...

I hate to think about what this man could have accomplished if only he didn't get hurt,

top topics

join