It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Pedro to be a free agent

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Pedro Martinez has halted contract negotiations with the Boston Red Sox and will test the free agent market after this season, the three-time Cy Young Award winner told the Boston Herald.
The right-hander has asked his agent to notify general manager Theo Epstein and team president Larry Lucchino that he would no longer talk contract with the club during the season, according to a story posted on the newspaper's Web site late Friday.

Story Link

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:11 AM
link   
He's a damn good pitcher but also a damn head case. I read this in the paper this morning and now he's running his mouth again saying that if they dont want him, he'll go somewhere that does want him. That's all fine and dandy, but it's a huge distraction to your team when you make these comments in May right in the thick of the season.

Shut up and pitch.

Ben

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:19 AM
link   
Could he end up being a Yankee?

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 07:21 AM
link   
i agree that he's a good pitcher, and a head case. but to anounce this early may actually be good. you see alot of players who are negotiating contracts during the season perform extremely poorly, makes a guy think that they are trying a little too hard, and end up failing at what they do on the playing field. i suppose the yankees will pick him up at the end of the year.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 08:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Could he end up being a Yankee?

I souldn't be surprised if that's where he ends up. Especially no wthat Zimmer isn't htere anymore

Ben

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Yea and the curse could be alive and well if he goes to the yankees

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Yea and the curse could be alive and well if he goes to the yankees

Yeah, more fuel for theRed Sox/Yankees rivalry. Like that is really needed

Ben

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 05:05 PM
link   
Its never needed but us fans want it.

TRD

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 01:37 PM
link   
You think he would go to the Yankee's then? I'm not to sure if he would.

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 04:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
You think he would go to the Yankee's then? I'm not to sure if he would.

He'll use the threat of going there to get a better contract. Peter Gammons told me that

TRD

posted on May, 2 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Yeah i bet...that alway's works to either bump up the value of someone or a bigger contract!

Ben

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
hes going to goto a place where he is going to get the most money. doesnt every player do that. And where is he going to get the most money? The Yankees.

posted on May, 3 2004 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
hes going to goto a place where he is going to get the most money. doesnt every player do that. And where is he going to get the most money? The Yankees.

Sounds like a stinkin' Yankees fan to me!

new topics

top topics

join