It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: man who attacked coach arrested

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:20 PM
link   
the should lock this guy away for a long, long time.....a waste of oxygen

Man Who Attacked White Sox Coach Arrested
2 hours, 9 minutes ago Add U.S. National - AP to My Yahoo!

CHICAGO - A man serving probation for running onto the field at a Chicago White Sox game and attacking a coach was arrested for allegedly breaking into a car, police said.

AP Photo

William Ligue Jr., 35, was arrested about 2:30 a.m. Thursday after a brief chase, police Detective Hollis Dorrough said. He was charged with felony burglary to a vehicle, attempted fleeing and eluding, driving without insurance and speeding.

Prosecutors on Friday asked a judge to revoke Ligue's earlier sentence of 2 1/2 years probation and send him to jail for as long as five years, said Marcy Jensen, a spokeswoman for the state's attorney's office.

Bond was set at $25,000 on the burglary charge, Jensen said. A $25,000 bond also was set on the alleged probation violation.

Prosecutors had sought five years in prison for the September 2002 attack on Kansas City Royals first-base coach Tom Gamboa, who suffered a loss of hearing. Ligue's 15-year-old son, who also was involved in the beating, was sentenced to five years' probation.

Ligue was represented in court by a public defender who did not immediately respond to a voice mail message Friday afternoon.

After the hearing, Ligue's girlfriend, Kelly Chomer, also was arrested. She is suspected of taking part in the break-in, authorities said.

Ligue's probation violation hearing is scheduled Monday.

Story Tools

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Yeah, thow away the key on this guy! what a friggin loser!

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:38 PM
link   
yeah I hope the bastard get's it up the a$$ by some prisoner named Bubba.

posted on Apr, 30 2004 @ 09:55 PM
link   
People like this make me sick. Lock him up and throw away the key.

posted on May, 1 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Hey this guy is my hero....not!!

What a loser i hope he gets ripped up the azz in jail and cry's for his momma!

new topics

top topics

join