It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Damn BCS pisses me royally

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
What the frock is up with the BCS?? I mean, #9 Michigan wins one game, ONE GAME!!, and jumps all the way to friggin four! How the frocking frock does that happen! You can talk about, oh strength of scedule, and quality wins, but MICHIGAN LOST TO TWO NO NAME(unranked) TEAMS! Know who TX lost to? #1 Oklahoma, and #18 (somewhere up there) Arkansas! I can hear the ESPN guys know. Oh, the Big 10 is going to have 2 teams in a BCS bowl for yada yadath straight year. The Big 10 doesn't have a friggin championship game! The Big12 does! In the Big12, it's basicially, win it all, or go to the freaking cotton bowl! Don't matter though. After we beat A&M, we'll be #4 and gauranteed an at-large bid.

MUHAHAHA!

Rant Over

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Thank you mig12.,,,

I have been thinking about this all day !!!!

This is total crap !!!

I hate Michigan football, and I can't stand "hail to the victor" arggggggggggggggggggggh

Does college football need a play off system or what !!!!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I say either a playoff system, or the top eight get into a BCS bowl. No conference affiliations, or nothing.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Ahh, here we go. Game's at 6:00 cst. Yeah! GO TEXAS! Blow Francione out of the water!

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:47 PM
link   
YEA!!!!

TEXAS BLOWS OUT TAMU; 46-15

Alright! AP and ESPN polls come out on sunday, BCS ranks come out on Monday. Just gotta sit back, and watch.

edited cause I gave Francione two undeserved points.

[Edited on 28-11-2003 by mig12]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
get rid of the BCS.
its either oklahoma, OSU, miami or texas that are always on top every year.

have all the confrence winners play in a play off system and the best two teams play for the national championship.

one more thing

GO BIG RED!

eat it colorado!

[Edited on 11-28-2003 by KrazyIvan]

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Ho would one determine the conference winner in the Big 10, where there is no championship game. Oh, and BTW, TX needed nebraska to win so their strngth of sched. would go up.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by mig12
Ho would one determine the conference winner in the Big 10, where there is no championship game. Oh, and BTW, TX needed nebraska to win so their strngth of sched. would go up.

in that case you are welcome.

and they should just make a BIG X championship game.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
The pac-10 doesn't have a championship game. Neither does the Big East, or the ACC. A playoff would be much more feasable.

posted on Dec, 2 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
DAMNDAMNDAMN!

Why the hell are we still #6? We beat A&M by 30, and our friggin computer ranking went UP!! HOW THE HELL?

posted on Dec, 7 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!

Damn OU lost to Kansas St.

So, if OU stays in the top 4 in the BCS, 2 Big XII teams will go to a BCS bowl, leaving Texas to the Cotton Bowl.

GAWDDAMN IT!!

posted on Dec, 9 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
why is OU still number one and still gets to play fro the national Championship?

well i guess ill put up with it cause we [Nebraska] got to play for it after getting hammared by Colorado a few years ago. #ING OU!

AF1

posted on Dec, 10 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The BCS needs to be fixed. They should scratch the idea and make a playoff system. How can a team who doesn't even win their conference championship game be allowed to play for the national championship game. USC and LSU both had losses to teams early on in the season (against Cal and Florida) while OU gets beat by KSU. OU didn't lose by a little either, they got blown out of the water.

I still can't believe that they can even talk about the OU players being eligible for the heisman. I hate Michigan with all my heart, but Perry deserves it more than White, and quite honestly i believe that Larry Fitzgerald from Pitt deserves it more than any of them.

At least MSU is headin' to the Alamo bowl. Bring on Nebraska!

posted on Dec, 14 2003 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by AF1
The BCS needs to be fixed. They should scratch the idea and make a playoff system. How can a team who doesn't even win their conference championship game be allowed to play for the national championship game. USC and LSU both had losses to teams early on in the season (against Cal and Florida) while OU gets beat by KSU. OU didn't lose by a little either, they got blown out of the water.

I still can't believe that they can even talk about the OU players being eligible for the heisman. I hate Michigan with all my heart, but Perry deserves it more than White, and quite honestly i believe that Larry Fitzgerald from Pitt deserves it more than any of them.

At least MSU is headin' to the Alamo bowl. Bring on Nebraska!

i think MSU will get their asses handed to them.

GO BIG RED!

posted on Dec, 15 2003 @ 11:48 PM
link   
We have a saying around here at PSU, it goes a little something like this:

FUK NEB-RAS-KA

'94 BABY. We got you next time Ivan.

[Edited on 12-15-2003 by insite]

new topics

top topics

join