It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Phillies Sux

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 07:12 AM
link   
The bats are dead. No clutch hits whatsover, tons of wasted at bats out of what is a possible talented lineup. Byrd and Polanco have to lead the way while the big boys are quiet. Speed should be a constant so bunts and ground balls should produce results. Bowa does not swing the bats but he sux's aswell i am not convinced this team will ever win with his over the top approach. He is a timebomb but apparently some of the players like him.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm thinking give Bowa until mid-May, if there isn't any improvement, get him otta there, and bring in a 76 year old manager!

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
Larry Bowa must have something to do with it, but he's not the entire problem. If the hitters knew how to swing the bat above the pee-wee softball level they might have been doing better..LOL!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Good point. They are paid professionals, they should be able to deal with this guy screaming at them.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:13 AM
link   
Gibbs you a Phillie fan? you agreeing?

They sux bad,they are under achievers no way they are going to win anything,they was 3rd in the NLE last year and look like they arn't going to do much better this year..

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Yeah, I'm a Phillie fan, and they are f%$#@*g up this year, they suck!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 11:23 AM
link   

A angry Phillies fan what next?

Shame some of the team havn't got that spirit lol!

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Now they sux even more..

They got beat 2-0 by the Expo's OMG that is very bad...

Bye Bye Bowa you sux lol!!!!

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:38 PM
link   
The Phillies dont suck.

How can you judge a team after 2 weeks into the season? Even playoff teams go through slumps. They're only 7-10 and 6 of those losses are against the Marlins, who seem to have the Phils number. I still like the Phillies to win the NL East, they have a few players who are notorious for their slow starts, most notably Jim Thome. Thome had an awful April last year but went on to hit 48 homeruns.

Bowa's job is safe too, he cant be held responsible for their slow start. He just has a couple local newswriters on his back right now, but they're just trying to sell papers.

You'll see, the Phils will start clicking.

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Well i have to agree with you there Thome started off the season bad last year and ended up smaking them all over the park.

But heres a interesting Stat entering yesterday's games, the Phillies had scored as many runs as the Cardinals had HOMERUNS.

I still can't see them finishing no better than 3rd place. As for Bowa isn't he meant to be motivating the team? Doesn't seem to be doing a very good job of it so far.

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
All I have to say is...

What the hell is up with all of the Phillies threads? Every time any little thing happens to them theres a new thread.

Same with Yankees.

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Well cannon we have to give someone some shyte talk eh?

Just that they both had great expectations and just aint doing it at the moment and they both sux aswell..

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 09:28 PM
link   
I'm hoping you are right, PA.

posted on Apr, 28 2004 @ 10:16 PM
link   
A win tonight! That puts them only 1 game below .500! And I'm excited!

TRD

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 12:20 PM
link   
Yeah they seem to be doing better now and are finding some form!

posted on Apr, 29 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Guess I started speaking too soon, they lost again today...

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
Ah, the Phils put together a sweep and finally get over .500 -
link

TRD

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 12:03 PM
link   
Yea they seem to be getting their act together and it looks like the manager may be ok for the rest of the season lol!!

posted on May, 10 2004 @ 02:02 PM
link   
I never really gave up on Bowa, but I'm sure people in Philly did. Good to see them beginning to live up to the hype, hopefully they build off of this...

BELEIVE!

[Edited on 5/10/2004 by Gibbs Baby!!!]

TRD

posted on May, 15 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
What happened today then i just checked all the scores so far i knew a couple of the results but i just see the Phillies won 16-5

top topics

<<   2 >>

join