It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Will Bonds hit .400?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Do you guys think it's possible that Bonds hits .400? He's batting .500 right now and hitting the ball extremely well. i think it is quite possible for him. If he get walked and has like 400 AB, then I think he's capable of getting 100+ hits. If he doesn't this year, he may next year... But I would be more than happy to see him hit .400, for that may be the last time it EVER happens. With Power pitching and stuff these days, it's getting increasingly harder for layers to hit the ball. It'll be a long time before we have another batter like Tony Gwynn. if Larry walker gets healthy for the Rockies, He'll back in the High .300's, but I think bonds has the best chance out of any current baseball player. Let's just hope he doesn't go into something like a 0-15 slump.

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:08 PM
link   
If he does, that would be a monumental feat. Ted Williams was the last guy to do that, right?

posted on Apr, 23 2004 @ 11:18 PM
link   
yup...finished the season with a .406 average.

Sir

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Well i don't think he will do it,no particular reason.He will get near it but he will get under .400

What about Pujols has he not a chance of getting near it?

Ben

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Pujols- i dont think has the chance, just for the fact that he doesnt have the hands quickness that Bonds has.

Earlier in the week ESPN on SC did a segment on Barry Bonds hitting, the ball can be 2/3 to the plate and bonds hasnt moved his bat forward yet, this is because he can wait longer because of his quickness, and then he can just use his quickness and let the ball rip down the lline.

top topics

join