It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Orioles 5 game streak.!!

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   
Sidney Ponson didn't waste any time - or pitches in disposing of the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

Ponson threw a four-hitter and Rafael Palmeiro drove in three runs Tuesday night to lead the Baltimore Orioles to a 9-1 victory, their fifth straight.
Ponson (2-0) needed only 88 pitches, 71 for strikes. It was a masterful performance by the right-hander, who breezed to his 23rd career complete game in a brisk two hours, 18 minutes.

"My sinker was sinking and they hit the ball in the ground," Ponson said. "Once in a while I get lucky, and tonight was one of those nights."

He threw a strike on the first pitch to 26 of 32 batters and was aided by five first-pitch outs.

"Everytime they swing at a first pitch and don't get hits, it helps," Ponson said. "They really helped me out today."

Ponson struck out two, walked one and allowed only two runners past second base, reducing his ERA from 5.51 to 3.91.

"He just did a great job," Orioles manager Lee Mazzilli said.

Melvin Mora homered, and Miguel Tejada and Javy Lopez both had three hits and an RBI for the surprising Orioles, who maintained their perch atop the AL East.

Baltimore moved four games over .500 (8-4) for the first time since May 3, 2000.

Story Link

Ben

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 06:55 PM
link   
With the playres that they have added in the off-season i would suspect that they should be wining more

posted on Apr, 21 2004 @ 09:48 PM
link   
With all the attention that the Yanks and Sox go tin the off season, it'll be interesting how they react when the O's sneak in a nd win the division...

join