It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Phillies Win at home!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Finally!

www.sportsline.com...@PHI

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Yeah 4 runs in the last innings they left it late lol!

I'm surprised they lost the 5 games to start with..

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 06:56 PM
link   
I've been trying to get myslef interested in baseball for years now, and I'm going for the Phillies. I was thinking this would be the year they'd make it at least interesting the whole way through...

posted on Apr, 15 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
I was there!

What a beautiful day for baseball. They looked like they were on their way to losing again until the bats got hot in the seventh inning. What an unbelievably beautiful new ballpark that place is.

It was an afternoon game, a 1:05 start. My boss told me we were going to a couple of meetings and surprised me by taking me to the game, so I actually got paid to watch the game.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Cool PA
!

I had a chance to go to todays game for free, but I've got family obligations...

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:30 AM
link   
They win again, it's a 2 game streak! Of course, it was against Montreal...

Now, can they keep it up?

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i see that thome finally got some hits, hope he keeps it up and gets over his traditional slow start

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Looks like the Phillies won again! Wonders will never cease lol!

David Bell, Pat Burrell, Placido Polanco and Bobby Abreu homered to lead the Philadelphia Phillies over Montreal 6-3 Saturday, the Expos' sixth straight loss.

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 08:09 AM
link   
Can they play ther Expos for the rest of the season?

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
That's 4 in a row for the Fightin' Phils!

Doug Glanville hit a walk-off homer in the bottom of the 9th to win the game 5-4. Jim Thome also hit his second homer of the season into the bleachers in right field. Their new ballpark is starting to resemble Coors Field with all of the homers flying out of there.

After three consecutive saves for Billy Wagner, he got the win today. The game I went to the other day he threw 2 pitches clocked at 101 mph and about 6 at 100 mph. That's some serious heat!

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Good win for them in the last innings..Shame you never went to this one it would have been a nailbiter..

posted on Apr, 18 2004 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Cool, hope they can build on this in the next series!

Bring on the Marlins! Time to go fishin'

TRD

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Writers have knives out for Phillies' Bowa

Philadelphia Daily News columnist Paul Hagen writes that Phillies manager Larry Bowa believes that several of the writers in Philadelphia may be trying to get him fired. Bowa told reporters this week that "two or three of you are doing everything in your power to stick a knife in my back".

posted on Apr, 24 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Writers have knives out for Phillies' Bowa

Philadelphia Daily News columnist Paul Hagen writes that Phillies manager Larry Bowa believes that several of the writers in Philadelphia may be trying to get him fired. Bowa told reporters this week that "two or three of you are doing everything in your power to stick a knife in my back".

That would be typical of the Philly media. They never leave well enough alone.

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 06:09 AM
link   
Yeah lol! they will get on his case everytime they lose!

Well they won yesterday didn't they?

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:24 AM
link   
Yeah, finally! They can only win against the teams that are crappier then they are, it seems.

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:26 AM
link   
No comment..

Seriously i expected better from then this season..

posted on Apr, 25 2004 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yeah, I'v enever been a real big baseball fan, I was getting excited this year though, I've been trying to follow it more closely, but the way they are playing doesn't help too much.

new topics

top topics

join