It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Bonds hits 660

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:16 PM
link   
Bonds hit his 660th home run the other day, even with the steriod controversory to hit this mark is something else. Way to go Barry!!!

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 09:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
Bonds hit his 660th home run the other day, even with the steriod controversory to hit this mark is something else. Way to go Barry!!!

Yeah, he has to be mentioned among the best ever, even if he will always have the spectre of steriods hanging over him...

I lucked into getting one of his rookie cards for Christmas, how much do you think that might be worth?

posted on Apr, 13 2004 @ 11:20 PM
link   
It was worth a little over like $20... I have two of his rookies. They may jump up for the next month or so since passing Mays.

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 12:14 AM
link   
sorry fellas i wouldn't give you a dollar. and are you really serious you really think he ranks with mays arron ruth???? come on please!!!!!!!

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 03:08 PM
link   
Well, his stats speak for themselves, but his personality puts him up there with Ty Cobb...

TRD

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 06:48 PM
link   
Hey do you guy's collect the baseball cards?

Well i guess Bonds has great stats and should be up there with the best,but in todays game and the roids issue it sort of puts a cloud over it...

posted on Apr, 16 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!
Well, his stats speak for themselves, but his personality puts him up there with Ty Cobb...

Is that a good thing or a bad? I don't know who Ty Cobb was towards his fans but I do know Bonds is a complete asshole to the loyal fans that only support him. Like the latest story of a woman with total Giant's memrobila covering her body was jumping and screaming at Bonds and he yelled back, "Get a life!" He just sounds like a jerk anyways on T.V.

posted on Apr, 17 2004 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by samfoshaw

Originally posted by Gibbs Baby!!!

Is that a good thing or a bad? I don't know who Ty Cobb was towards his fans but I do know Bonds is a complete asshole to the loyal fans that only support him. Like the latest story of a woman with total Giant's memrobila covering her body was jumping and screaming at Bonds and he yelled back, "Get a life!" He just sounds like a jerk anyways on T.V.

I don't know the whole story, never watched the movie or nothing, but from what I understand he was a racist and an all-around asshole.

Maybe we should have a poll-

Who's the biggest jerk in sports? There could be current players and a hall of shame...

anyone like that idea?

new topics

top topics

join