It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: RedSox's Fans still believe

page: 1

join
share:
Ben

posted on Apr, 6 2004 @ 01:26 PM
link   
Boston Red Sox fans have given a name to their pain, choosing "Still, We Believe: The Boston Red Sox Movie" as the title of a documentary about their beloved, beleaguered baseball team.

The makers of a film about the dramatic 2003 season had asked fans to select a title online from among four choices. But so many varied responses came in that a second round of voting took place last week on the Red Sox and Boston Globe Web sites.

Nearly 8,000 people voted, and "Still, We Believe" was the favorite. Other choices included "This Is the Year," "The Ecstasy and the Agony" and "Always the Bridesmaid."

"The fans have spoken," Red Sox spokesman Charles Steinberg said. "This truly is a film about fans, for the fans, and now named by the fans." "Still, We Believe," a THINKFilm release, is scheduled to open May 7 in Boston and expand nationwide throughout the spring.

The documentary follows last season, from spring training to the AL Championship Series, in which the Sox were five outs away from beating the rival New York Yankees in Game 7. Instead of having a shot at winning their first World Series since 1918, they lost 6-5 in 11 innings.

But at least Sox fans still have a sense of humor. Among the title suggestions they posted on the Boston Globe Web site: "Dude, Where's My Bullpen?" and "I Know What You Did Last Summer, I Wish I Didn't Know What You Did Last Fall."

posted on Apr, 7 2004 @ 11:31 AM
link   
are you serious about this? a moive?

new topics

join