It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Cardinals get Womack good or bad?

page: 1

join
share:
TRD

posted on Mar, 22 2004 @ 06:49 PM
link   
The Boston Red Sox traded infielder Tony Womack to the St. Louis Cardinals on for minor league pitcher Matt Duff.The 34-year-old Womack played the final five weeks of last season with an injured right elbow for the Chicago Cubs. He had reconstructive surgery in October.Womack is expected to report to the Cardinals' camp in Jupiter Fla on Monday for a medical evaluation.

I dunno if this was a good move or not?

Even if he doesnt start for the Cardinalds they would have a bench utility player, that's assuming he's healthy it cant be any worse than their 2B right now Hart/Anderson

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 09:28 AM
link   
not sure but i think he has just as much of a chance and he has the speed!!!! i really think tony needs to put edgar batting 2nd his average might be down a little but he will get pitches though in front of edmonds albert and roland. he is a good contact hitter they have one of the best lineups what do you think???

TRD

posted on Mar, 25 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I would tend to agree,they have a great line up and although Pujols got all the write up's,Jim Edmonds hit great figures and got quite a few homers.

I think they will use Womack for his experience and in certain situations he might work out to be a good trade.

posted on Mar, 26 2004 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Cards are a very solid team, and going to be a hard one to beat.

How is their piching this year

top topics

join