It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: congress warns baseball about steroids

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:40 PM
link   
hopefully the donald fehr ane the players union will start taking this seriously now, the last thing they would want is to have congress involved, if i have to pee in a cup to get my job i would be thrilled to do it for a major league baseball contract

story.news.yahoo.com.../ap/20040310/ap_on_go_co/congress_steroids

Ben

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
since when did congress want to get involved

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 08:54 PM
link   
the hearing was held today

Ben

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 09:12 PM
link   
why would they even want to get involved. This is a MLB and should stay within the MLB

posted on Mar, 10 2004 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I agree with Ben; is it just me or does congress have too much time on their hands to spend on issues that really aren't that important in the big picture?

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:49 AM
link   
maybe becaude distributing and using steroids and other drugs is against the law...i think congress is sending a message to baseball to clean up it's act or else, i for one hope that they get the message

Ben

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 01:55 PM
link   
i dont think congress should put it hands on this. Its the MLB to decide on things like this.

Could bush be doing this just to try to boost his ratings

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
i don't really think Bush has much of an impact on what congress is doing right now....

perhaps in the case of say olympic sports i could see congress intervening on the subject of steroids, but this is a professional sport, it should be able to take care of itself.

Ben

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
exactly is a proffesional sport that the owners of the league should tkae care of and the owners of the ball club should take care of.

And why is congress taking a part of this i still dont get it.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
i'll tell you why bud is doing nothing to help baseball he is a joke!!!!!someone hase to do something i don't want my son growing up thinking this is ok i want him to learn you win by winning fair and square!!!your thoughts????

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
we all want to win fair and square but poeple cheat its normal there are so many cheaters out there that it is sick. but you just have to suck it up and deal with it.

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 04:46 PM
link   
so you are saying over look this and let baseball do nothing????football didn't and their whole system is good money drugs i wish baseball would learn i saw congress told them to do something like football and the comission said they couldn't do that to the players that is bull if they don't like it mcdonalds is hiring everyday!!!!!

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 06:53 PM
link   
so because people cheat it makes it ok????? how bout just cleaning up the sport and getting rid of the cheaters, wouldn't that be a better solution? if baseball can't keep it's own house clean congress SHOULD get involved, why? how bout the federal antitrust exemption which allows major league baseball run as a monopoly and has made it millions of dollars? how about the state and local tax dollars that build and subsidize the stadiums that baseball says it needs to make money, and last but not least because it is the RIGHT thing to do....

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 08:16 PM
link   
very well said!!!!

Sir

posted on Mar, 13 2004 @ 04:46 AM
link   
Damm right Congress should get involved if that what it takes to stop these drug cheat's,what sort of role model's are they to the younger generation of future sports star's..Yeah kid that's ok take ya drug's and cheat like the rest of us,nothing wrong with it,it is a sad day when people think it's ok to take performance enhancing drug's and that they are doing no wrong.......!!!!!

top topics

join