It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Report says Bonds got steroids

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
welcome aboard and well said cards, what is going to happen when the next generation of atheletes realize that they can't "make it" unless they are juiced up? is this the example we want our heroes to set? like it or not they are role models for millions of kids and they should be held responsible and act the part, if they don't want to live a dream they can always apply at wal-mart, course they would have to pee in the cup first. what other industry rewards it's people so well? yet covers up and protects them from full public disclosure......

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:47 AM
link   
well thanks it is nice to see i am not alone!!! last year when the talk of a strike was in the news i didn't want to see it but you know what it wouldn't hurt my feelings bring up the minor leaguers they are the ones who play for the love of the game(most of them)! we have a small market team close to where i live and i have just as much fun if not more when we go see them and it only costs me 2 dollars!!!!! it won't get any better until bud is out and the fans say enough is enough!!!!!!

Ben

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 09:51 AM
link   
you know just as well as i do that bud isnt going anywhere for some time. So its going to be a while before there is going to be some changes taking place. I thinkt hat the players out there do play for the love of the game but they also play for the love of th emoney. And that is what keeps them going those huge paychecks. Some play through injuiries and thats how you know they love it but at the same time you are always questioning if they love it. and if they loved it so much why are they taking steriods

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
good point!!! a good multivitamin and a good workout is all they should need then every one is on the same level i just want to see it be fair!!!

Ben

posted on Mar, 12 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
it shoudl be fair that is what all sports are about and the way you get ahead of the pack is by working your tail off and getting that far and being a machine. Just look at lance now that is deciation and hard work, and that what shows. If you work hard enough you will be the best and everybody will think of you as a machine and thats what pushes people. Not taking steriods cause you arnt just cheating yourself you are cehating the league you are cheating the fans.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join