posted on Feb, 17 2004 @ 12:45 AM
"Now that the first $185 million team in history has added the best player in baseball, it's safe for all of us to predict that the Yankees will have
a better record than the Brewers.Possibly even the Pirates.
But this is our chance to assure you, the American public, that the Yankees still are not guaranteed to win the World Series, with or without Alex
Rodriguez. They will be required to play out the season. And so should the other 29 teams.
No denying A-Rod is great and all that. But there is still a lot of stuff that could happen to prevent the Yankees from winning. Really.
Granted, not all of it is especially plausible. But it could happen. So we've been chosen by the Citizens for Competitive Balance to present the A-Rod
column everyone but the Steinbrenner family has been waiting for, the ...
10 reasons the Yankees still won't win (maybe) (possibly)
1. They need more All-Stars
2. They need more $100 million men
3. Kevin Brown is a physical wreck
4. Who knows about Jon Lieber and Jose Contreras?
5. The Curse of Don Zimmer
6. The Curse of Janet Jackson
7. They could flunk chemistry
8. Steinbrenner's health worries
9. How do we know A-Rod is cut out for New York?
10. He isn't exactly replacing Fernando Tatis
You'll have to click the link to read his explanation for each reason, too long to post but humurous and worth reading. :smug: