It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Best Hitter in Baseball

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 09:13 PM
link   
As far as the best hitter in baseball, I think it's in transition right now. Bonds is handing the torch to Albert Pujols. Pujols is going to be a monster in the league for a long time. It doesn't hurt his numbers either being surrounded by Edmonds, Rolen, Renteria, etc. The Cards picked up Reggie Sanders too.

posted on Feb, 15 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
They need to find some other way to find all these illegal tests. Who knows how they are cheating the system right now.

TRD

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 06:20 PM
link   
On the season so far i will go with Pujols...

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Bonds is the best player to have at bat this year, but Pujols is the best hitter. Or maybe Thome.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 10:21 PM
link   
I think Bonds is the most _valuable_ hitter; Ill say that for him, since we can't really know how good he is at this point with how few real at bats hes been getting.

But Pujols is the best overall hitter in the game right now.

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 11:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
I think Bonds is the most _valuable_ hitter; Ill say that for him, since we can't really know how good he is at this point with how few real at bats hes been getting.

That's a great point Cannon. Bonds has monster numbers and he's lucky if he gets 1 or 2 pitches to hit per at bat. He's going to shatter his own walk record, his own intentional walk record, his on-base % is .601, 143 points ahead of the next guy (Todd Helton .458). It's hard to fathom what his #'s would look like if he was actually pitched to, he either gets the int. walk or they pitch around him. I think the Giants need another star hitter to bat behind him so they wouldn't be so quick to put him on base, who's afraid of Edgardo Alfonzo?

posted on Aug, 3 2004 @ 11:27 PM
link   
Albert Pujols hit his 30th homerun tonight against the Expos.

Pujols became the first player in Major League history to begin his career hitting at least 30 home runs in his first 4 seasons.

Also.....

Thome hit his 32nd tonight and Bonds hit #28 and 29.

Edmonds hit 29.

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
pujols by a long shot. he doesnt hit as many homers as bonds( even though hes beatin him this year) but he hits the ball bater & more often

posted on Aug, 4 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   
Wow, Bonds is right at the top for homers, even though he's had like half the at bats. TThats skill.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join