It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Mets going after Vlad !

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 01:38 PM
link   
If Vladimir Guerrero is willing to accept a short-term deal, he could end up with the Mets.

Its looking likely he wants a longer deal but he might go.!

Ben

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 07:28 PM
link   
short deal with the mets is good cause if they still suck then he can move to a different team

TRD

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
It seems like at the moment no one wants to give him a long term contract,as you say ben maybe its a good idea going to the mets.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Well i'm not sure if he will i just see this bit of news

The Orioles are reportedly nearing a deal with first baseman/DH Rafael Palmeiro, and they might be finally getting close to finalizing a deal with free-agent outfielder Vladimir Guerrero.

Ben

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Baltimore is trying to regain its status this off-season as one of the best teams in baseball. Sure looks like they are doing a good job to me, they signed a couple of big names this off-season

TRD

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 01:06 PM
link   
The O's might get him because if the Mets want to reel in slugger Vladimir Guerrero, they'll need to increase their current offer (three years, $30 million). Vlad stated that he wanted a 5 yr deal a while ago and the O's have offered more money over five years.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 05:04 AM
link   
The O's are looking strong for the new season and i reckon Vlad will join them.

Ben

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 11:46 AM
link   
im still surpised that he hasnt been signed yet, he is a very good ball player.

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Yes the longer it goes on the less chance he has of moving.

Ben

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
THe Orliers and Palmerio agreed on terms of a one year contract. Baltimore just recevied a great player.

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   
i see Vlad going to the yankess

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:06 AM
link   
News just in..

According to several published reports, free-agent outfielder Vladimir Guerrero has agreed to terms on a five-year, $70 million contract with the Anaheim Angels. The Mets and Orioles were also in pursuit of the coveted former Expo.

Ben

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:47 AM
link   
Angles just came out of no-where to put in that offer to Vlad....he jsut might go there they are a great team and former world series champs

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Yes it is a big surprise no one thought of them,looks like the O's will be a bit sick if he definatly goes lol

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 04:52 PM
link   
news flash..

Vladimir Guerrero agreed to a deal with the Anaheim Angels, contingent on the free-agent outfielder passing a physical.

Looks like he will sign..

Ben

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Angles got themselves a great addition in Vlad, he is a great power hitter and he will fit well into that Angles lineup

posted on Jan, 12 2004 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Angles have made some good work this off-season as they made some big additions with Colon and somebody else as a pitcher. And now with Vald they also signed another outfield whom i forgot that name as well. But come next season the Angles look like they could be the next angels in the outfield

top topics

join