It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: world series

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:
Ben

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
I think that the Yankees will win tongiht. And that it will be a close in Game 7, and the series will be good. Game 6 will be great to watch.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 05:28 PM
link   
What do you guys think about this 3 days rest thing? What do you guys think about this decision here? Beckett on 3 days rest. Pavano, if need be on 3 days rest.

I guess they have no choice since Mark Redman got hit around in Game 2 but the Marlins bullpen has been shaky a lot in the 9th Innings of this series so far.

And Beckett's a power pitcher so the 3 days might affect more than other pitchers. Plus the history is that starters don't do that good on 3 days rest in the post season.

So the Marlins will probably need their bullpen tonight. Add their shakiness, and add the aura of Yankee Stadium and you kind of get a queasy feeling.

You would think with Beckett tonight and Pavano tomorrow night, the Marlins have it made. But the A's probably thought the same thing too up 2 to 1 against Boston with Hudson starting Game 4 and Zito starting Game 5.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:07 PM
link   
get Bud Selig off of my television. this guy is a complete tool. anyway more importantly Marlins defeat the yankees. Josh Beckett is the MVP, pitching the complete game, what a performance by this kid.

So who's gonna win it all next year? My money is on the Devil Rays.

[Edited on 10-25-2003 by aegis fang]

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   
yes! that was a good game. As long as the yankees dont win i'm happy, although I would have preferred the Cubs over the Marlins.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Marlins 2003 world series champions... Chicago White Six 2004 world series champions!!!!:cool2::cool2:

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:52 PM
link   
Yup, congratulations to the Florida Marlins, 2003 World Series Champions!

Josh Beckett is a stud. I thought Jack McKeon's move and the "3-day rest" thing might have a bad affect on him but I was wrong.

TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 04:21 AM
link   
Congrats to the Marlins....

Well the Yankees got well beat....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join