It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Why do the yankee's have so much good luck?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I have often wondered this. They seem to win almost every game.Is it the players or somthing else?

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I dont think that it is too much luck...but that they just have some really good players. And with good players you are bound to win.

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 12:58 PM
link   
They do have great players every year, and alot of that can be attributed to "The Boss". Steinbrenner is far from stingy in spending money on top players, and the whole franchise has a tradition of winning. So if you're not a Yankees fan, you usually hate them.

Ben

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Yea i am a Yankees fan and everybody that i have meet who isnt a fan hates them with a passion mainly because they win so much and they buy all the best players out on the market. You dont see anybody hating the Devil Rays...people are going to hate the teams that win so much because they always beat theri favorite team.

TRD

posted on Aug, 23 2003 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I would agree they have some very good players but it still didnt stop them gettig beat today..

Ben

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
yea they do lose occasionally but you have to remember that they are still in first place.

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
I sometimes wonder why the RedSox have such bad luck. Everyone knows about the "Curse of the Bambino". Most remember the slow ground ball going through Bill Buckner's legs allowing the Mets to beat them in the World Series. The RedSox have a good team this year, if they can beat out Oakland and make the playoffs as a wild card, I think they have a decent shot at shaking off the "curse".

They have a high powered offense and have some good pitchers. Pedro missed his last start with a sore throat and needs to regain his form as one of the most dominant pitchers in the league. I dont think making Kim their closer is a good idea, remember him getting knocked around in the playoffs with the D-Backs a couple years back.

There should be some great playoff games this fall. :tum:

TRD

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Thing is with the yankees is that their pitchers are doing really well or are they all being lucky at once..

new topics

top topics

join