It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: SF Giants

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Bonds hit 2 more homers tonight giving him 24 on the season. He is closing in on Willie Mays real quick.

BTW, I think JT Snow's nephew is a member at this site.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:09 PM
link   
As much as I'm chagrined to say it, props to the Giants.

They've won 9 games in a row and are making a mockery of the National League West.

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Bonds is doing well....JT's nephew i wonder who that could be..

[Edited on 27/7/03 by TRD]

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Bonds as been very hot lately, it is too bad he has the left the team to be beside his father during surgery.

Do you think Bonds will catch Hank Aaron?

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

Do you think Bonds will catch Hank Aaron?

Um, that's tough to say.

He's at 646 right now and Aaron is at 755 I believe.

So he still needs 109 homers and he'll be 40 years old next year.

But he doesn't show any signs of slowing down so I would say, yeah I think he can break it.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 12:52 AM
link   
I think he'll do it too, he has said in the next year or two he would like to go to the American League and be a designated hitter. That would definitely extend his career and allow him to break Aaron's record, I think he will.

posted on Jul, 28 2003 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Bonds will get it no doubt at all. I used to think Griffey would be the one but he hasn't been healthy. Bonds might hit 30 more this year alone, he has 32 already and leading the league again.

posted on Jul, 30 2003 @ 02:09 PM
link   
They were just showing highlights from the Giants batting practice before the game against the Cubs today at Wrigley field. and, Bonds hit a ball over 520 feet! It left the stadium, crossed the street, and went through a window of an apartment!!!!!!!!

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
I saw that on Sportscenter PA and Bonds was cursing because he wanted to hit it on the roof and he just missed and it went through an upstairs window.

Does Bonds visit Wrigley again this year? If I were the apartment owner I think I would have vinyl windows installed, then again a Bonds drive might shred that right up.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:23 AM
link   
J.T's nephew,hmmm,looks around,were is he. lol

posted on Aug, 10 2003 @ 10:51 PM
link   
As long as he doesn't DH for the yankees... I'll be fine. I hate them. I think he'll break Aaron's record... Willies and Ruth's for sure... but I think Bonds will have to DH for Aaron's record. I think he'll fall about 15 or 20 short when his contract is up with the Giants, ad that's when he said he was either going to retire or DH.

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
1. Hank Aaron..........755hr's......23seasons
2. Babe Ruth............714............22
3. Willie Mays...........660............22
4. Barry Bonds.........648............18th in progress

**As of today's post

Think he'll catch Willie this season?

Even more amazing his first four seasons he hit 16, 25, 24, 19!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 11:02 PM
link   
UPDATE!

Barry hit 2 more tonight, he's unbelievable!!!

1. Hank Aaron..........755hr's......23seasons
2. Babe Ruth............714............22
3. Willie Mays...........660............22
4. Barry Bonds.........650............18th in progress

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

Even more amazing his first four seasons he hit 16, 25, 24, 19!

Heh, he was a leadoff hitter too.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fox Mulder
Heh, he was a leadoff hitter too.

Good point FM! He's probably put on about 60 pounds since then. I remember him with the Pirates back then, at the time they had the best outfield in baseball: Bonds, Bobby Bonilla, and Andy VanSlyke. Am I showing my age??

posted on Aug, 16 2003 @ 12:01 AM
link   
Bonds may have gotton there quicker season-wise, but Ruth was a few years younger than Bonds when he reached 650. I think it was either Aaron or Mays that was also younger. The only thing that could prevent Bonds from catching Aaron is AGE. Like I said before. I think Barry will only pass Aaron if he DH's for a year or two. He'll have to play at least 21 or 22 sasons... Just like the other guys.

TRD

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 10:08 AM
link   
The San Francisco Giants bolstered their starting rotation when they agreed to a $1.5 million, one-year contract with right-hander Brett Tomko.

Tomko will make $1.2 million next season with a chance to earn $250,000 in performance bonuses. The deal contains a 2005 club option worth $2.5 million plus any performances earned, and he would get a $300,000 buyout if the option is declined. If it's exercised, he would be able to earn another $250,000 in performance bonuses.

posted on Feb, 22 2004 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The Giants lost some key players this off-season, Rich Aurilia, Tim Worrell, Jose Cruz Jr, Benito Santiago, and Eric Young to name a few.

They havent added too much other than Tomko, AJ Pierzynski, and Michael Tucker.

Will they be as successful this season with these changes? Hard to believe they will.

posted on Feb, 24 2004 @ 09:17 AM
link   
I think they will still be a strong contender. They still have Bonds who will hit 40+ homers plus getting on base with 150+ walks. He'll then have everyone else to bring him home. When Felipe Alou came in and the Giants got rid of Kent and Reggie Sanders among others, people thought they wouldn't be a contender, but they made it into the playoffs. I think they'll win their division and at least make it to the NLCS, quite possibly the World Series.

TRD

posted on Mar, 23 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   
San Francisco ace Jason Schmidt is expected to miss his second straight spring start Thursday, raising doubt whether he will be ready for the season opener at Houston.The Giants are beginning to form an alternate plan for their rotation if Schmidt's sore throwing shoulder doesn't improve in a hurry and that would likely mean starting left hander Kirk Rueter against the Astros on April 5. Schmidt is well behind where he should be at this stage.

[Edited on 23/3/04 by TRD]

join