It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Boston RedSox

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Nomar Garciaparra just hit a single off Roger Clemens to extend his hitting streak to 26 games. Clemens is trying for his 300th win today in Yankee Stadium.

Do you think anyone will ever break DiMaggio's 56 consecutive game hit streak? I think that is one of the least likely to ever be broken.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 04:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican:

Do you think anyone will ever break DiMaggio's 56 consecutive game hit streak?

I don't think so because just look how great a feat Nomar has accomplished just to get to 26 and he's still not even half way to DiMaggio's streak.

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 11:38 PM
link   
Yeah, that is a long streak. The two closest was Pete Rose in 1978 with 44 straight and Paul Molitor had 39 straight in 1987.

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:44 AM
link   
I don't think he will do it, that's a tough record to beat.

TRD

posted on May, 27 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   
well he is on fire at the moment,but that is a tough call to beat that record but who knows records are their to be broken..!

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Nomar went 0 for 4 against the Yankees today snapping his 26 game hit streak.

TRD

posted on May, 28 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Nomar went 0 for 4 against the Yankees today snapping his 26 game hit streak.

Well it is a tough one to beat,but as i said someone will do it as it is their to be broken...

P.S no points their then PA...lol

TRD

posted on Jun, 28 2003 @ 05:22 AM
link   
It was a game that saw the Red Sox achieve several milestones, including a 14-run first inning. By the time the night was through, the Sox produced a 25-8 romp over Florida. The Sox tied a club record with 28 hits, equaling a mark set 53 years ago.

Also the Sox set a Major League record by scoring 10 runs before recording their first out of the game. That shattered the previous American League record of eight, and broke the previous Major League record held by the 1948 Phillies.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:15 AM
link   
What a blowout, great pic TRD !!

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 07:19 PM
link   
It must have been a great game to watch with all them runs,they set some hard targets (records) to beat....

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 08:02 PM
link   
Manny Ramirez hit 2 HR's tonight but the BoSox are in the 10th with TampaBay.

TRD

posted on Jul, 4 2003 @ 10:42 AM
link   
Nice to see manny hit 2 especially as i have him in my team....

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I'm watching the RedSox - Yankees game on FOX and Manny Ramirez is playing left field and he has a bottle of water in his back pocket. I've never seen that before, the announcers are making all kinds of jokes. It does look hot there, but that's probably not a good idea.

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 02:01 PM
link   
I have never heard of that before also that must be pretty weird...

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Could have been dangerous. The announcers were commenting how that is not part of the uniform ( duh
) and that he could be fined.

[Edited on 27-7-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The beauty of baseball is that even though we've been playing the game for more than 150 years, on any given night you still may see something that's never happened before. That was the case Tuesday in Texas when Boston's Bill Mueller hit two grand slams, one from each side of the plate. It was just the 12th time a player has hit two grand slams in a game and the first time anyone has ever done it from both sides of the plate.

Mueller's line:

5 AB, 3 R, 3 H, 9 RBIs, 3 HR, 2 grand slams.

Wow!

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
A's beat the Red Sox again last night so the A's are now in sole possession of the American League Wild Card.

posted on Aug, 13 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Yes, both leagues wild card leaders changed last night, A's taking it from the BoSox and the Marlins from the Phillies although the Phils have a game in hand.

posted on Sep, 24 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
The Red Sox's Magic Number for clinching the American League Wild Card is "1" heading into tonight's game.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Their bullpen is just brutal.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join