It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Spontaneous Human Invisibility

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:01 AM
link   
what about selective invisiblity, where a person masks himself from only one certain individual, but everyone else can see him?

my friend seems to have mastered that ability. a group of us were messing around in a class and the teacher yelled at us to come over to the rest of the group. he began to name off names, and named even the person hiding behind a post, but didnt say my friends name, even though he was front and center. werid huh? and when we went over to the teacher he even asked us if we had seen our friend, so it wasnt like he just decided to let him off or forgot his name. my friend has pulled this off more than once. any theoreys?

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
what about selective invisiblity, where a person masks himself from only one certain individual, but everyone else can see him?

my friend seems to have mastered that ability. a group of us were messing around in a class and the teacher yelled at us to come over to the rest of the group. he began to name off names, and named even the person hiding behind a post, but didnt say my friends name, even though he was front and center. werid huh? and when we went over to the teacher he even asked us if we had seen our friend, so it wasnt like he just decided to let him off or forgot his name. my friend has pulled this off more than once. any theoreys?

Here is my thought, get your friend to MIT or Caltech and let them study him. If he can do what you say he can it would probably be the biggest human breakthrough in the 21st century.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 01:07 AM
link   
Now we have to find the rest of the X-Men!

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I think it is possible. The fairies of legends could cast a glamour on things that altered perception of that object. If a person could project that same glamour on himself then he could alter others' perception of him to make him seem invisible.

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 08:25 AM
link   
I have been doing this for years, to the point of habit- Not actual optical invisibility, but more like chronic unnoticeability- I think it may be a side effect of certain Zen practices- But I have been passed over in lines at the bank and in obvious situations that are not easilly explainable, beyond "gee, I didn't notice you there!"

posted on Dec, 3 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I don't know about invisibility but so far making myself more visible has more advantages.

For example, you're standing in this lineup & you want to be served NOW. All of a sudden there are more people to serve you & before you know it, I'm at the front.

posted on Dec, 4 2003 @ 02:03 PM
link   

my friend has pulled this off more than once. any theoreys?

Yep, this is what I was talking about... He was invisible to the other person's awareness, not sense of sight... People use this awareness far more than you may realize. Don't believe me? Fine, here's an easy way to prove it to yourself. The next time you are in a place where many people have their back to you (class, work, etc.) stare at the back of someone's head, intensely, the way a hunter would stare at prey... In no time, you'll see them whip around (likely in your direction, so try not to get caught...), because they "sensed" your intensity...whether they wanted to or not...

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:21 AM
link   
This could be a reason I never pick up chicks at clubs.................I must become spontaneously Invisible.
Deep

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 01:45 AM
link   
Yeah, alot of people that were involved with the philidelphia experement had this happen to them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join