It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Giants closer to undergo surgery on rotator cuff

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 01:27 PM
link   
MIAMI -- San Francisco closer Robb Nen will have season-ending shoulder surgery Wednesday to repair a partial tear to his right rotator cuff.

"This is serious,'' team trainer Stan Conte said before Tuesday night's game against the Florida Marlins. "Is it career-threatening? Yes, it is. Robb knows that.''
espn.go.com...

Hmmm I think it is time to get a new reliever.

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Thats a real blow to San Fran's bullpen, his ability to close out games was a big contributor to the Giants World Series run last year. Worrell has looked good in the early going, but can he keep it up? The closer role, you're usually either a hero or a goat.

It would also really suck if you drafted Nen in your fantasy league.

We need those bouncing smileys like at ATS!

posted on May, 7 2003 @ 03:23 PM
link   
This is really going to hurt the Giants.I think they will probably trade for another reliever.Worrell is going to need some help.

Yeah I feel bad for the sucker that drafted him.

I second that PA bouncing emotioncons.

You know Ben is sitting there going "man these guy's have no life".It is bad when smiley faces make your day.

Ben

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nyeff

You know Ben is sitting there going "man these guy's have no life".It is bad when smiley faces make your day.

Not at all Nyeff. Who would the Giants trade for though? Will he be 100% next season?

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Not at all Nyeff. Who would the Giants trade for though? Will he be 100% next season?

I should put a smilely face up there,I was just being a smart ass.

I don't know who they would trade for.I just don't think Worrell is a reliever that can pitch all year.The Giants really depended on Nen.
I haven't had a chance to read the sports page yet,but the headline was Nen's surgery went better than expected.So hoefully that will mean a full recovery.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:24 PM
link   
I doubt it will hurt them much, as long as their offense is running as well as it has so far

and besides, they have a great record right now and he hasnt even pitched

[Edited on 04/10/03 by Cannon]

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Yeah,so far so good.But I would not expect the Giants bats to be hitting all yearAt some point they will need to rely on their pitching.I don't have enough faith in Worrell to relieve all season.
I suppose you never know though..This could be a break out year for him.He did great last night.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 11:36 AM
link   
The Giants just put 2B Ray Durham on the disabled list, he was off to a really fast start. I think they said he severely sprained his ankle and will miss 3 to 4 weeks.

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 03:26 PM
link   
I saw the replay's of that.Glad it is only a sprain.He rolled his ankle over pretty good.

join