It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: BaseBall Trivia..

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 24 2003 @ 08:04 PM
link   
what was the first MLB game that former president Ronald Reagan threw out the first pitch? which teams played in that game? who won that game? what was the score? and for a bonus what was the date?

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
who was the first National League DH to hit a home run?

Rickey Henderson, 1997 vs Anaheim

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:13 PM
link   

what was the first MLB game that former president Ronald Reagan threw out the first pitch? which teams played in that game? who won that game? what was the score? and for a bonus what was the date?

White Sox beat the Orioles 5-2 on April 2, 1984 in Baltimore.

posted on Aug, 25 2003 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Who was the first left handed pitcher in MLB history to win the Cy Young award? What team was he with and what year?

How many Cy Young awards has Randy Johnson won?

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Who was the first left handed pitcher in MLB history to win the Cy Young award? What team was he with and what year?

Warren Spahn in 1957 with Milwaukee

[Edited on 8-26-2003 by aegis fang]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

How many Cy Young awards has Randy Johnson won?

5 here's the break down
1995 with Seattle

1999,2000,2001,2002 all with Arizona

TRD

posted on Sep, 7 2003 @ 08:31 AM
link   
Ok thought we may aswell get some questions up again so heres a few to start...

1......Who is the only batter to win a batting title in three different decades?

2......Who is the only pitcher to win a world series game in three different decades?

3......What pitcher was on the mound when Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak came to an end?

4.....Who is the only pitcher to have over 3000 strikeouts and less than 1000 walks?

[Edited on 10/2/04 by TRD]

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Ok i will have a go at Question 4

Is it Fergie Jenkins with 3192 strikeouts and 997 walks?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Ok thought we may aswell get some questions up again so heres a few to start...

1......Who is the only batter to win a batting title in three different decades?

2......Who is the only pitcher to win a world series game in three different decades?

3......What pitcher was on the mound when Joe DiMaggio's 56 game hitting streak came to an end?

4.....Who is the only pitcher to have over 3000 strikeouts and less than 1000 walks?

[Edited on 10/2/04 by TRD]

1. George Brett, of the Kansas City Royals his titles came in 1976, 1980 and 1990

2. Jim Palmer won 4 games in world series play in 1966 he went 1-0, in 1970 he went 1-0, in 1971 he went 1-0, and in 1983 he went 1-0.

3. there were 2 pitchers that broke Dimaggio's record. Al Smith started the game, but Jim Bagby was actually on the mound when the game concluded, they played for Cleveland.

4. I agree with Speed freak that it was Fergie Jenkins.

[Edited on 2-11-2004 by aegis fang]

TRD

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Yep all correct,well done Aegis and Speedfreak,Aegis you got a couple of tough ones there.

Ok anyone else want to post some questions? I havn't got anymore right now.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Aegis you got a couple of tough ones there.

you're telling me. question 2 took me about an hour to research.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   
What is the name of the substance that every MLB team uses on it's baseballs to prepare them for a game. Why did they start using this substance?

TRD

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Whoah that long,i knew they were tough.

I thought we would try posing a bit harder questions,but it doesn't matter any questions will do.

Oh i just thought of another toughie!!

Ok try this

1....Who has hit the most home runs in opening day games?

I'll give ya a choice of players.

a. Lou Gehrig
b. Stan Musial
c. George Brett
d. Frank Robinson
e. Willie Stargell

TRD

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:53 PM
link   

What is the name of the substance that every MLB team uses on it's baseballs to prepare them for a game. Why did they start using this substance?

Hrmm don't know that one..Ive heard of then keeping the balls moist with a humidifyer to make them less lively.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

a. Lou Gehrig
b. Stan Musial
c. George Brett
d. Frank Robinson
e. Willie Stargell

d. Frank Robinson he has 8 homeruns on opening day.

TRD

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Yep correct well done Aegis.

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

Hrmm don't know that one..Ive heard of then keeping the balls moist with a humidifyer to make them less lively.

They use Lena Blackburne rubbing mud. it's a closely guarded secret as to where it comes from and the "special" ingredient they add to it. they started using it because of a wild pitch that killed a man. so they Lena Blackburne started using it to improve the grip on the ball.

TRD

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Hey nice Aegis i never knew that,who was the player that got killed by the pitch?

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Hey nice Aegis i never knew that,who was the player that got killed by the pitch?

for the life of me i can't find it, but it happened before 1921, and that's a lot of years of record keeping to get burried in. so i open this question up to anyone who can do a little better detective work than i can.

TRD

posted on Feb, 11 2004 @ 06:44 PM
link   
Nor me ive been looking for ages,i remember when Randy Johnson killed the pidgeon by a pitch i had a little video of it,can't find that either..

[Edited on 11/2/04 by TRD]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join