It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: BaseBall Trivia..

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Er. thats what I meant.

The league that Milwaukee is in.

posted on Jun, 30 2004 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

When was the last called "batting out of turn" made? What teams, and which team batted out of order?

4/16/2004, the Reds and the Cubs, Ramon Martinez, (Cubs shortstop) batted out of order in the bottom of the 7th, the Cubs went on to win 11-10.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
4/16/2004, the Reds and the Cubs, Ramon Martinez, (Cubs shortstop) batted out of order in the bottom of the 7th, the Cubs went on to win 11-10.

Correct !!!

This isn't a question, just an amazing fact I came across.

9/17/80 (A's at Rangers) - Rick Langford pitched 8.2 innings, ending his string of 22 consecutive complete games. The 1981 Sporting News Baseball Guide noted this was the most in over 30 years. For the 1980 season, the Oakland staff had 94 complete games (most since DET in 1946). Mike Norris, Matt Keough, Langford, and Steve McCatty each pitched 14 inning complete games, with McCatty the only loser in the bunch, 2-1 to Seattle on August 10. By now everyone must be wondering who the manager of that team was - it was Billy Martin! That team was also known for its base-running adventures, stealing home seven times, as well as pulling off 14 double steals and one triple steal.

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:44 PM
link   
How do you think their bullpen was after that stretch eh?

posted on Jul, 1 2004 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by sniper474
How do you think their bullpen was after that stretch eh?

Incredibly well-rested as it seems the starters logged all of the innings for the A's that season. Billy Martin was one of a kind, he always made the game fun to watch.

Nowadays pitchers are under strict pitch counts, and are usually yanked when they hit the 100-110 mark if they last that long. That's if they're pitching well and still around for that many pitches.

How many pitches do you think those guys threw in those 14 inning complete games? Pitchers usually hit the 100 pitch mark around the 7th or 8th inning so a 14 inning complete game, probably around 175 pitches.

They baby today's pitchers way too much, but then again I might too if I had 50 million dollars invested in some guy's right arm. :smug:

posted on Jul, 2 2004 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Who is the only player ever to hit two homeruns in a game, twice in a World Series??? What team and year? And the team that won the series that year.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:21 PM
link   
Come on, this is a pretty easy one!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Who is the only player ever to hit two homeruns in a game, twice in a World Series??? What team and year? And the team that won the series that year.

I'm not much on bseball, but it's gotta be Mr. October, Reggie.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:40 PM
link   
Not Reggie, but a good guess.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Not Reggie, but a good guess.

More recent?

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:45 PM
link   
Reggie was in the league when it happened, but it wasn't him.

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:50 PM
link   
Reggie Jackson hit 3 in a world series game and became the 2nd player to ever do it..

As for the question...Patsy Dougherty hit the first American League World Series home run in history and had two - both during game two of the 1903 World Series for Boston.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Maybe I didnt word the question right. This player hit two homeruns in a game in two different games of a World Series.

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ahhh i see....well i don't know the answer to that now do i ..lol!

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

I'll give you a hint, he's in prison.

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Havn't a clue.. will have to leave this one to Aegis..

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

I'll give you a hint, he's in prison.

well i haven't looked it up but it must be, Jose Conseco, i think he's in prison.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wasn't Canseco either.

I dont think Canseco played when Reggie played, but you probably didnt read back in the thread that far.

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
green flag

TRD

posted on Jul, 3 2004 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by toejam
green flag

Hrmm i've never heard of that player Toejam...You been hitting the bottle?

new topics

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join