It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Basic baseball fantasy game.......

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Anyone want to start a basic baseball fantasy game?

I would be willing to run it as long as the amount of members don't become overwhelming.

I have the rules and instructions for play, all I need would be ACTIVE participants.

Anyone interested?

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 11:47 AM
link   
count me in... i would love to play.

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   
yeah me too!

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 01:02 PM
link   
we should probably wait until we get at least 10-20 guys to sign up for this. Everyone shopuld come up with a team name, more will be posted later.....

I know i'm in and my team name is:

Chicago Blitz

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I'm definitely interested, what do you have in mind, an online draft?

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yes, except the draft will be held in the baseball thread and it will not be very advanced. Teams would choose five players and two pitchers to start every week.

there are more rules but will get them prepared if this takes off.

If we wanted we could set up a draft now and play each other to get the bugs out. That way when more people sign up everything will run smoother.

Ben

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 02:51 PM
link   
We could do that, do we set up a date where we pick players, and how does the scoring system work.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
I'm willing to give it try. Count me in.

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Well, I don't have all the rules in front of me so I can't give all details just yet.

The draft will work once we determine how many players are involved. I will start a new thread titled "fantasy draft" and it will be up to us what the order will be. However to be fair the order of the draft will be as follows:

Team 1
team 2
team 3
team 4
team 5
team 5
team 4
team 3
team 2
team 1

This game uses a point based system to determine rankings such as:

RBI's, runs, walks, k's, singles, doubles, triples, homers and SB's are most of the points on batting, there will be other points for pitching and an overall power ranking for each team

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 03:57 PM
link   
do we want to start with us five and everyone else that signs up will have to wait till we reach a 10, 15 or 20 team league or we can have 10 teams in two conferences. Anyone have ideas?

TRD

posted on Apr, 18 2003 @ 04:39 PM
link   
You'll have to guide me through it,fantasy games bit different in england.

Ben

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 07:55 AM
link   
you'll have to guide me around for a little while, never did anything like that really. But i will get the hang of it pretty quickly, sounds easy enough.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think we should give it a go and just see what happens. How do you want to go about drafting players?

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well if its just the five of us, we can begin our draft on Monday or tuesday. A draft order will have to be made (who goes first) then we can draft. I will start posting the rules as time permits starting with roster restrictions and scoring...

HAPPY EASTER

TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 12:10 PM
link   
29MV29 by the draft does that mean picking your players? Also is their a restriction on what player's you can pick,for example only 1 from a team so on.

Happy Easter to you

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 03:02 PM
link   
Happy Easter to all

The draft is selecting your players, I've never heard of a restriction of who you can pick, but we'll see how 29 wants to do it. We'll have to figure out how many at each position. We should also figure the scoring before the draft, so you can pick your players accordingly.

TRD

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Ok......just that in england most of the formats are that you can only pick 2 players fron any one team,so you can't just pick all the players from the top 3 or 4 sides.
When you say how many from each position i thought it would be just one team with transfers say once a week because of injury's and so on...

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Should we figure out a time when everyone will be available to do an online draft? Maybe we could meet at ATS and "borrow" a chat room.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 09:01 PM
link   
whenever is good for me, i am always available.

TRD

posted on Apr, 21 2003 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Sound's ok to me....The evening would be good for me!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join