Baseball: Security

page: 1

join
Ben

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Last night at the Sox's game a fan attacked umpire Laz Diaz. This was a scary moment, but Diaz was a former marine and was able to protect himslef, along with Royal players helping out. What should the MLB do to improve security?
espn.go.com...

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I saw this on Sportscenter, what a disgrace. Idiots like this are going to ruin things for the rest of us. Now what, are they going to put up a big fence or net or something between the players and fans? It's a shame you have to worry about things like this, I remember seeing the fans on the field during Hank Aaron's famous homerun, but they were trying to commend him. What has happened to people when they go to a game and want to injure someone on the field, that is just not right. When I saw this incident, it reminded me of the father and son last year attacking the first base coach.

posted on Apr, 16 2003 @ 12:05 PM
link   
In this day and age I think that security is not adequate. With crazy people like this trying to beat the crap out of umpires or players they should improve security so that nobody can get into the field. The Majority of us may not like that but if things dont improve what's to stop a guy from killing a player or and ump one of these days. We have to think of the player's safety here.

posted on Apr, 19 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
i am very embarresed about being a fan of the white sox right now but people must understand these few fans do not represent the majority of the population of chicago. i just hope nothing like this happens at the allstar game. we really cant have a super secure stadium, its immpossible. i do hope, however, that these fans get the jailed to the full extent of the law.

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 03:05 PM
link   
You shouldn't be embarrased to be a Sox fan, a few idiots cant tarnish their image. I agree that these morons should have the book thrown at them in court to set an example to any other moron who might think its a good idea to run on the field. I think the All-Star game will have extra security, at least I hope so.

Ben

posted on Apr, 20 2003 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Sox's will be able to repair their image a lot better with a good all-star game, and then everybody will forget about this whole thing, did you hear that thing about a guy throwing a cell phone at a player.

exclusive video

new topics
top topics

join