It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Oakland A�s

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:23 AM
link   
Ugh, the A�s lost again tonight. This time at Seattle. That�s 5 losses in a row!

I can�t believe a pitching staff with Zito, Mulder and Hudson could have a losing streak like this.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
That is surprising, I dont know what's wrong in Oakland. Who got knocked around tonight, I think Mulder. They have a potent offense too with Chavez, Dye, Durazo, etc. They should bounce back, they've lost some close games.

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frank
Ugh, the A�s lost again tonight. This time at Seattle. That�s 5 losses in a row!

I can�t believe a pitching staff with Zito, Mulder and Hudson could have a losing streak like this.

Oakland are my fav Team i don't know that much about them but when i was watching it in England i liked them the best,I thought they had a good side and would do well this year but that is a disappointing run...

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The A's are on a pretty bad skid right now, but they should bounce out of it pretty soon, they have a great pitchers. With a solid all-around lineup, with great hitters, and solid defense. They should bounce out of it and have one of those winning streaks they had last season.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well the good news is the American League West as a whole has gotten off to such a bad start, the A�s are still in first place (a 3-way tie for 1st place) at 7 and 6 even with this 5-game skid.

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Frank that's good news cheers!

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:55 PM
link   
does it really matter this early about positions for the playoffs, the season just started and there is about 160 games in a season, so i dont think any team in the league is worried if they get off to a bad start. Iam sure that a lot of team will rebound after bad starts, and lot of teams that got off to good starts could go sour.

TRD

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Ben,didn't realise it had only started as its only started on T.V in the last week and it's only on one night a week.Well there is a long way to go then but i think they should make it.

Ben

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 06:03 PM
link   
The A's should get to the playoffs they are a great team.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD:

Oakland are my fav Team i don't know that much about them but when i was watching it in England i liked them the best,I thought they had a good side and would do well this year but that is a disappointing run...

Actually, the Los Angeles Dodgers are my favorite Baseball team overall but the A�s are my favorite American League team.

Ben

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
The A's finally ended their lossing streak. The steak ended cause of solid pitching and they put the runs on the board. Sign of things to come. Maybe.

TRD

posted on Apr, 17 2003 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Let's hope they can continue!!! i Know there is a long way to go but i had a little wager on them at the start

posted on Apr, 24 2003 @ 07:35 PM
link   
The A's only took 2 out of 3 from the Tigers this week.

I don't think that's a successful series for them.

TRD

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 04:01 PM
link   
It's a bit disappointing so far,they are lying in second with a long way to go yet..They will pick up soon..
On a good note.... Ramon Hernandez has surprised many with his torrid start to the season, both at the plate and behind it. But the ultimate flattery would be a first-time All-Star selection. Balloting begins Sunday that could give him his chance.

posted on Apr, 25 2003 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD:

On a good note.... Ramon Hernandez has surprised many with his torrid start to the season,

Yeah, that's great to see because last year he was in season long batting slump because he got worn down catching so many games because they didn't have an adequate backup for him.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   
The A's are starting to come around finally, I think one of the big surprises so far this season is 2B Mark Ellis.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Frank:

The A's only took 2 out of 3 from the Tigers this week.

I don't think that's a successful series for them.

I didn't think this was a very successful series because it's the Tigers. They should sweep those guys.

But they did beat Cleveland tonight, a team that usually gives them trouble so that's a good start to the weekend.

[Edited on 4/26/2003 by Frank]

TRD

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 12:59 PM
link   
That's good news lets hope they keep on the upward turn!

TRD

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Yehaaay A's leading 4-3 going in to the 8th,come on boy's you can do it!!

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD
Yehaaay A's leading 4-3 going in to the 8th,come on boy's you can do it!!

Sounds like Keith Foulke time, he has pitched well after having an off year with the ChiSox last year.

Who's Billy Koch? lol.

[Edited on 26-4-2003 by ProudAmerican]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join