It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Atlanta Braves

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
What�s happened to Greg Maddux?

He�s gotten lit up bad in his first 3 starts of the season.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I dont know whats going on with Maddux, I watched the game vs the Phillies last night and he definitely didnt look like the pitcher he used to be, his control was bad and he got behind in the count to almost every batter, very un-Maddux like. I wonder if he's lost it or if he's just going through a rough time, but he doesn't look good.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican

his control was bad

And that�s pretty much what Maddux is all about.

If he has no control, that�s it. Because his stuff really isn�t that great. He just works off changing speeds.

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
The Braves beat the Phils tonight 6-2. The Braves have on of the best outfields in baseball with Sheffield, and Andruw and Chipper Jones, if not the best. You can usually count on Smoltz when the game is on the line.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don�t think I�ve seen a Braves� team with so many question marks like this year though.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:14 AM
link   
Braves are four and seven, while the Expos are six and four!!

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Pretty ironic that the strength of the Braves all these years has been their pitching and that is what seems to be their problem so far this year. I know its early, but I think this year the Braves wont win the NL East. I think it will be the Phils, but the Mets, Marlins, and Expos all look good as well.

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 12:25 PM
link   
The Atlanta Braves on Friday placed righthanded reliever Roberto Hernandez on the 15-day disabled list with a strained abdominal muscle.

The move to place their top set-up man on the DL is retroactive to Thursday.

In his first season with the Braves, Hernandez is 5-2 with a 4.70 ERA in 33 appearances. In 30 2/3 innings, Hernandez has surrendered 28 hits to go along with 25 walks and 26 strikeouts.

To take Hernandez's spot on the roster the Braves recalled righthander Jason Marquis from Class AAA Richmond of the International League.

Marquis started the season with the Braves and had no record and a 6.57 ERA in three games - two starts - before being sent to the minor leagues.

posted on Jul, 3 2003 @ 01:18 AM
link   
The Braves bounced back tonight and beat the Marlins in 13 innings after last night's 20-1 spanking that the Marlins gave the Braves. The Braves are now 5 1/2 games ahead of the Phillies for the NL East lead.

TRD

posted on Jul, 8 2003 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Well i think the braves will get caught by the Phillies,the braves still have their pitching troubles....

posted on Jul, 11 2003 @ 11:02 AM
link   
atlanta rules. i've always loved the braves man. i think if they got their throws in order, they'd be unbeatable.

(don't get on tawk much, just watch, besides, i play games, not watch em!)

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:00 PM
link   
The Braves are unbelievable. They were losing 8-3 in the 8th inning against the Mets today and the Braves scored 8 runs in the 8th and won 11-8 and that makes it 13 wins in 14 games. I hate the Braves.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheEnforcer
I hate the Braves.

My thoughts exactly, but they are good.

It's amazing they won the last 13 NL East titles and their team was always carried by their dominating pitching. This year they're pitching is ok, but their offense is unreal.

Look at the HR totals at the All-Star break:

Javy Lopez - 24
Andruw Jones - 23
Gary Sheffield - 22
Chipper Jones - 17
Vinny Castilla - 15
Rafeal Furcal - 13

I hope the Phillies can catch them, it's gonna be tough.

posted on Jul, 20 2003 @ 11:17 PM
link   
the braves are my favorite. and yes their homerun totals are good. but they are getting runs the way baseball should be played. scoring when you have runners on 2nd and 3rd. i thought for sure that this year was gonna be a rebuilding year, after they had a mass exodus from the pitching staff. but i'll take the change from a pitching dominant team to a run producing team. i don't know if baseball has the same theory as football "offence wins games but defence wins chapionships" but i'll take the offence any day.

and isn't it weird but baseball is the only game where the defence has the ball.

ok time for bed.

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 12:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fangand isn't it weird but baseball is the only game where the defence has the ball.

LMAO, that is true, never thought of it that way.

TRD

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Aegis some good points you made there..

Yes they seem to be doing extremely well at the plate this season..

posted on Jul, 21 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by phoenix_cross
atlanta rules. i've always loved the braves man. i think if they got their throws in order, they'd be unbeatable.

(don't get on tawk much, just watch, besides, i play games, not watch em!)

Atlanta Braves suck i hate the braves and hope they dont make it.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
They are wiining again tonight against Montreal and Sheffield hit another homer, it's like deja vu looking at the Braves box score.

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Terminator

Atlanta Braves suck i hate the braves and hope they dont make it.

it's one thing to hate the braves, i understand it i feel the same way about the twins. but too say the braves suck is inaccurate. it's everyone else in their division that sucks. not that the phillies are doing that bad this year, they are still the leaders for the NL wild card.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Mark DeRosa possibly saved the season last night with his big 2 rbi hit in the 8th Inning. Nice job.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join