It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Phillies

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:
TRD

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Well PA its a close one its 2-2 in the 11th and i havnt got a update yet on the scores......

TRD

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Phillies won it in the 13th innings 6-5 with the big man Thome hitting 2 homers..

That was a good win for the Phillies..

posted on Jul, 2 2003 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Corky, err Sammy Sosa just hit a homer in the 9th to beat the Phillies 1-0. Cubs pitchers held the Phils to one hit, a single by David Bell.

TRD

posted on Jul, 23 2003 @ 07:16 PM
link   
well im watching the game today...1:11 am for me and its the Phillies v Cubs..

Phillies are leading and Thome hit a massive homer...

posted on Jul, 25 2003 @ 05:26 PM
link   
The Phils beat Kerry Wood and the Cubs yesterday 14-6 and Bobby Abreu had 5 RBI's in one inning. He hit a grand slam in his first at-bat of the inning, the Phils batted around, and the next time he came up with the bases loaded again. He could have been only the second player ever to hit 2 grand slams in one inning! (Fernando Tatis did it 2 or 3 years ago for the Cardinals.) Anyway, Abreu hit it deep to the warning track but flew out, but the guy on 3rd tug up and scored giving Abreu 5 rbi's for the inning, pretty rare.

TRD

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:54 AM
link   
Phillies are doing well at the moment lets see if they can keep it going..!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 01:28 PM
link   
Well as of today the Phillies hold the NL wild card by a half game over the Marlins. I hope they can hold onto it, we haven't seen the post season since '93 when we lost the WS to Joe Carter and the BlueJays.

We start a series against the Brewers tonight, great opportunity to get the bats going.

Go Fightin' Phils!!!

posted on Aug, 12 2003 @ 04:58 PM
link   
depending on whether the dodgers experience another serious collapse as they have the last...10 years, I think they may get the wildcard.

sorry

posted on Aug, 14 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Phils win, Marlins lose. We'll take that wild card baton back now, thank you.

Man, 2 days without it, started to worry.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
The Phillies got crushed 12-1 tonight by Livan Hernandez and the Expos. The Marlins were off but the loss by the Phils gives them a tie with the Marlins for the NL wild card spot. The D-Backs also won and are now only 1 1/2 games behind the Phils and Fish.

Randy Wolf gave up 9 runs in an 1 1/3 innings, WTF?
He made the All-Star team and hasn't been very good at all since the break.

The Phillies sure aren't playing like they are in a playoff race, they need to wake up and get their sh!t together. They are 1-6 now so far on this 13 game road trip. Tomorrow Vincente Padilla pitches against Day in Montreal.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:28 AM
link   
how many days off do they have this month? i heard they have very few....

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 02:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cannon
how many days off do they have this month? i heard they have very few....

They have 2 days off until the regular season ends (9/28) and the next one isn't until September 15. Originally Sept 1 was a scheduled off-day but they are making up a rainout with the Boston Red Sox.

Since they have the exact same record as the Marlins though, the Fish obviously have the same number of games remaining. It should be an interesting race for the wild card, as you also have Arizona, LA, and the 2 teams out of StL, Hou, and ChiCubs that doesnt win the NL Central.

TRD

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Phillies are on a bad run they need to pick it up a bit or they are gonna miss out...

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 09:29 PM
link   
what's going on with the Phils here at the end of august? what are they at now, 5 losses in a row or something? i don't pay close attention to them but i know they are a much better team than this. PA, perhaps you need to get on the horn and give larry bowa an arse chewing. i want to see the phillies in the post season, them and the braves in the NLCS would be a good series.

[Edited on 8-27-2003 by aegis fang]

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:41 PM
link   
I am thouroghly DISGUSTED right now.

The Phillies were in Montreal tonight and jumped out to an early 8-0 lead. I was sitting back enjoying a rare blowout instead of biting my nails, and watching the scoreboard as the Marlins were losing to the Pirates.

Well as soon as they yanked starter Vincente Padilla out, the wheels fell off. The Expos exploded for 7 runs in the 7th inning and went on to beat the Phillies 14-10.

I am a die-hard Phillies fan and I almost dont think that they deserve to make the playoffs. I really hope they do, but I am just disgusted. How can you surrender an 8 run lead when you are in a VERY tight playoff race? Is this a case of just bottoming out at the wrong time of the season or should I question their heart?

Mike Williams got knocked around in that 7th inning and they left him out there. WTF was Bowa thinking? He has got beat up in almost every appearance he has made since the Phils traded for him from the Pirates. At the time of the trade I couldn't believe we got the Pirates closer for a no-name minor league pitcher. NOW I KNOW WHY!

This kind of loss could potentially cause a team to simply implode. Or maybe, just maybe it could wake their a$$es up and bring them together and make a good run at this playoff spot. I hope these guys go back to their hotel and think about what happened in Montreal tonight and decide how much they want this, because it sure as heck didn't show tonight.

posted on Aug, 26 2003 @ 11:59 PM
link   
NL Wild Card Standings 8/26

Phillies.........-
Marlins.........-
D-Backs.......1.5 games back
Cubs............1.5
Cardinals.......2
Expos............2
Dodgers.......2.5

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:19 PM
link   
Another disappointing loss for the Phils tonight in Montreal, 9-6.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:28 PM
link   
it doesnt seem like anyone is winning in the wild card race lately

all it takes is for a team to string away 3 or 4 wins to really put themselves ahead....

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProudAmerican
Another disappointing loss for the Phils tonight in Montreal, 9-6.

very dissapointing, i forget who was pitching but he should not have been tossed. those HBP's were not intentional.

posted on Aug, 27 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by aegis fang
very dissapointing, i forget who was pitching but he should not have been tossed. those HBP's were not intentional.

You saw that too? Who in their right mind would hit 2 batters intentionally when they're down one run in the bottom of the 8th inning? That was just ridiculous. I hate the warning rule too, once the pitchers have been warned, that takes the inside pitch away from the pitcher, not to mention the manager gets ejected too. I think it should just be a judgement call by the ump like it always was.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join