learn more

Baseball: Yankees

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
TRD

posted on Jun, 21 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Well the yankees was rained out i think it was 4-3 before it was called off...What happens now do they play again or resume at a later date...

posted on Jun, 26 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I like the yankees, right now they dont seem to be consitent but i think they will make the playoffs. godzilla is starting to hit like he did in japan.

posted on Jul, 26 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
The Yanks lost to the RedSox today in the bottom of the 9th in Fenway, Mussina and Burkett were the starters. Kim got the win and newcomer Armando Benitez got the loss.

TRD

posted on Jul, 27 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Yankees seem to be blowing hot and cold at the moment,but should make it through to the playoff like Outlaw said..

They face a tough one tonight against Boston.

posted on Jul, 31 2003 @ 11:18 AM
link   
That's a big NO-NO!

Raul Mondesi was liked by many of his teammates. He played hard. But on Sunday night, the mercurial right fielder committed a baseball cardinal sin -- he deserted his teammates.

Mondesi left the visitor's clubhouse in Boston after being pinch-hit for in the eighth inning of the Yankees' eventual 6-4 loss to the Red Sox on Sunday. Two days later, he was traded Tuesday to the Arizona Diamondbacks. His teammates spoke out in Wednesday's edition of The New York Times, not willing to forgive Mondesi for that transgression.

"To see a guy leave before the game is over, well, you're not supposed to do that," catcher Jorge Posada said to The Times. "You've got to have a little more respect for your teammates."

Mondesi, acquired July 1, 2002, never provided the Yankees with the offense they expected. The Yankees attempted to trade him last winter, but George Steinbrenner blocked the move.

Mondesi also skipped the Yankees' charter to fight to California for the Anaheim series and arrived on his own later, according to The Times report.

"It was not acceptable what he did," he said. "George Steinbrenner was obviously aware of what was going on, but this was our decision. I think George was rather fond of Mondy. Brian and I were the ones who pulled the trigger on this."

posted on Oct, 10 2003 @ 12:27 AM
link   
Nice bounce back game by the Yankees tonight.

The prospect of going down 2 to 0 in this series and heading back to Fenway to face Pedro would have too daunting of a task even for them I would imagine.

posted on Oct, 25 2003 @ 11:54 PM
link   
Joe Torre's a class act, by the way.

He always conducts himself well, even in defeat.

TRD

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:50 AM
link   
Hey Yankee Fans here is a little report you might want to read...

The Florida Marlins upset the odds to win the World Series 4-2 with a 2-0 win over the New York Yankees on Saturday night.

Pitcher Josh Beckett led the victory parade at Yankees Stadium after throwing through nine innings for a complete-game shutout.

After four scoreless innings, the Marlins edged ahead at the top of the fifth when Alex Gonzalez scored and Jeff Conine claimed the second run in the sixth.

Beckett, who gave up five hits, then closed out the game in style with a performance that earned him the most valuable player award.

Ben

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
i was shocked to hear that the Yankees had lost.

But the real question now is will Joe Torre be the manager for the yankees next year?

posted on Oct, 26 2003 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

But the real question now is will Joe Torre be the manager for the yankees next year?

If George Steinbrenner knows what's good for him, he will be.

Ben

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 12:30 PM
link   
THe yankees are going to have a big offense they need to re-sign a lot of pitchers and try to get some new ones. I think that they Yankees will look to Millwood to be the replacement for Roger. Andy Pettite is also on the Free Agent market but i would look for him to be in a yankee uniform next season.

posted on Oct, 27 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I heard they're looking at Vladamir Guerrero also.

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   
hehe, a LOT of teams are looking at Vlad Guerrero

Ben

posted on Oct, 28 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So did i...they would be a great chocie. I think they should trade Nick Johnson...and put Jason as 1st base...and then Bernie Williams as the DH to take pressure off of himl...and then get an outfieilder such as Vlad.

Ben

posted on Nov, 6 2003 @ 09:51 AM
link   
With Pettie in the FA...the yankees are going to need to do a lot more work with their pitchers.

posted on Nov, 7 2003 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ben:

So did i...they would be a great chocie. I think they should trade Nick Johnson...and put Jason as 1st base...

Probably is Jason Giambi hasn't been that healthy since he signed with the Yankees.

TRD

posted on Dec, 17 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Sheffield and the Yankees finally agree on contract..

He eventually finalized his $39 million, three-year contract with the Yankees not too long ago..

Sheffield, 35, hit .330 for the Atlanta Braves last season, with 39 homers and a career-high 132 RBIs. The seven-time All-Star broke into the majors in 1988 with the Milwaukee Brewers, and he also has played for the Padres, Marlins and Dodgers.

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Sheffield is a good move for the Yankees,they are putting together a real good side now,so whats happening on the pitching front?

Ben

posted on Dec, 18 2003 @ 06:17 PM
link   
they have made some real good moves to put pitchers in the bull-pen...i cant name them off the top of my head but there bullpen has gotten strong...but im not sure about their starters

TRD

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 05:25 AM
link   
Kenny Lofton completed his $6.2 million, two-year contract with the New York Yankees on Tuesday.

Also New York announced its $7.25 million, two-year contract with right-hander Tom Gordon, whose deal was completed Dec. 16

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join