It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Yankees

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 13 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   
Looks like Mussina is human after all, he had a great start winning his first 7 games. He had a tough outing tonight, leaving after 5 innings, getting only 2 K's, and picking up his first loss. He should still be a lock to win 20 games this season.

TRD

posted on May, 14 2003 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Agree with that PA you cant win them all but he does throw some nice stuff,just had a off day!

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
The Bronx Bombers have lost 5 of their last 6, very un-Yankee like. They have Mussina on the mound today, maybe he can get things back on track, come to think of it the losing streak started with Moose.

posted on May, 18 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Now they lost 6 of their last 7 as Mussina got the loss again today. Even the best teams go through slumps like this, they have too many good players for this to last much longer, they'll be back.

TRD

posted on May, 19 2003 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Hmm see the Yankees scored 5 in the first tonight,early days yet lets see if they can capitalise on it....

posted on May, 26 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Roger Clemens is trying for his 300th win in Yankee Stadium this afternoon against his former team, the RedSox. He had a rough start, in the 3rd inning the RedSox are up 3-0. Matsui just made an excellent catch in CF with the bases loaded.

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 01:43 PM
link   
DETROIT (AP) -- Roger Clemens will soon join a club that may not admit any more members.

Clemens will make his second attempt at career win No. 300 against the Detroit Tigers on Sunday, a milestone just 20 have reached and none have since 1990.

Clemens, who won his 299th game on May 21 against Boston, is looking to become the first 300-game winner since Nolan Ryan joined the elite group 13 years ago. He failed in his first bid for his 300th win on Monday at home against Boston.

Clemens (299-154) has won 66 percent of his games 20-year career with the Boston, Toronto and the Yankees.

sports.espn.go.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 03:56 PM
link   
Roger Clemens ended up with a no-decision in his attempt at 300 wins in Detroit.

TRD

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Seems ol roger cant get their at the moment but he will soon...

With the Yankees tied in the 10th with Detroit today its going down to the wire...!

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Roger Clemens was once again denied career win No. 300 when the Tigers came back from six runs down to tie New York in the seventh inning today. Clemens was removed from the game after throwing 107 pitches in six innings. His next scheduled start is against Kerry Wood and the Cubs on Saturday.

Ben

posted on Jun, 1 2003 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Too bad that Roger wasnt able to reach that milestone, i kindof wanted the points also in Fantasy Baseball, what a long game that was though.

TRD

posted on Jun, 11 2003 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Although he is still battling an upper respiratory infection, Roger Clemens is set to make his fourth attempt at win No. 300 on Friday night against the St. Louis Cardinals.

"I'm feeling a little better," Clemens said. "I'm on for Friday."

Clemens, speaking to the media for the first time since his loss at Wrigley Field on Saturday, said that he had no problems with the decision to remove him in the seventh inning in that game.

Well ben you may get another chance ...

TRD

posted on Jun, 14 2003 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The Rocket finally reached 300 wins Friday night and entered an even more exclusive club, becoming only the third pitcher with 4,000 strikeouts as he led the New York Yankees over the St. Louis Cardinals 5-2.

Clemens (7-4) was the 21st pitcher to make it 300, doing it on his fourth try.

"We just talked about it for so long and for it to happen now is just a thrill -- especially in front of all these people," Clemens said.

A sellout crowd of 55,214 cheered while Clemens' teammates hugged him in the dugout after the final out.

Clemens jogged onto the field as Elton John's "Rocket Man" played over the public-address system. He raised both arms, tipped his cap to the fans in right field, then to left, then touched his heart.

Congrats to the Rocket.....:bounce:

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 09:37 AM
link   
With his 300th victory under his belt, Roger Clemens' Hall of Fame resume is complete. Now, all that's left is the five-year waiting period -- and the decision of which team's logo will adorn his plaque in Cooperstown.

In Clemens' mind, the latter isn't even an issue. Despite the fact that 194 of his 300 wins came in a Red Sox uniform, Clemens wants to go in to the Hall as a Yankee.

"To me, once the decision was made that my services weren't wanted in Boston anymore, I got the opportunity to go to Toronto, and I had a great two years there," Clemens said. "But I became a Hall of Famer here."

Ben

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Thats a very classy move. I like the Rocket a lot, he has been with the Yankees a long time and really likes it there, and to say i want to go into the hall of fame as a Yankee is saying something. I think that he has another year in him, but that is just me. The Yankees need to step up their play, they are slaking as of late.

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Well the yankees are leading 5-2 after the 6th innings so they are doing ok...

What gets me though is Derek Jeter why is he playing?? He wasnt that great a hitter and since he has came back he is batting very poor...

TRD

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Well the Yankees won 5-2 today with Mussina getting the win..Only one home run given up by Mussina by Pujols and Jeter goes again without a hit...

posted on Jun, 15 2003 @ 11:29 PM
link   
He's won six Cy Young awards and 300 games and is only one of three pitchers with 4,000 strikeouts. Roger Clemens has written his own ticket to the Baseball Hall of Fame.

The question is, will he be in Cooperstown on the day of his eventual induction?

Clemens said Saturday he will not attend his own induction ceremony if he is not allowed to go into the Hall of Fame as a member of the New York Yankees.

The Hall of Fame reserves the right to select which team a player will be identified with for induction

Clemens spent 13 years with the Red Sox, two with the Blue Jays and the last five with the Yankees. He posted terrific numbers for all three franchises, but did not win a championship until he joined the Yankees. He has won two titles with New York, plus his sixth Cy Young Award.

espn.go.com...

I believe it should be the player's choice of which cap to wear into the hall of fame.

Ben

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 10:54 AM
link   
It definatlly should be the player's choice, and i think that they should let him go in as a Yankee, he siad on Sportscenter this morning that he had his best years while he was playing for the yankees.

TRD

posted on Jun, 16 2003 @ 11:48 AM
link   
Yep i agree...He should be able to choose what team badge he goes in the hall of fame with...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join