learn more

Baseball: Yankees

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:16 PM
link   
The Yankees have always been contenders for the world series is this year any different?
Also during the off-season many of the other teams and many sports reports stated that the Yankees have an unfair advantage over the other teams because of the money.

[Edited on 04/07/2003 by Ben]

Ben

posted on Apr, 10 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
i was watching the Yankees game the other day, and they were talking about Roger and his attempt to get 300 wins. I was wondering if 300 wins is really that big and how many other people hav edone it?

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 03:47 AM
link   
Props go to the Yankees for getting off to this great start even after Jason Giambi's separated shoulder.

Ben

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Yankees have gotten off to a great start seems like nobody can hit agaisnt this killer line-up, and the pitchers have been playing amazing. Mussina is 5-0, now he pictched a great game 9 k's in 8ip.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
The Yankees are always contenders to win it all.

posted on Apr, 26 2003 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ben
I was wondering if 300 wins is really that big and how many other people have done it?

I think its a big milestone, a great season for a pitcher is 20 wins, so 300 wins is 15 great seasons. It's only been accomplished by 20 players, click the link to see the list.

baseball-almanac.com...

posted on Apr, 27 2003 @ 03:33 PM
link   
Anybody who can get 300 wins is an exxcelent pitcher even if a bunch of people do it

Ben

posted on Apr, 28 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Yeah you have to be amazing to get 300 wins but how many other pitchers have done it. It seems like he is well on his way to get 300 wins. He only need 3 more.

posted on May, 8 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow, the Yankees just had a 10 run third inning, helped by a 2 run bomb from my man Alfonso. Seattle's starter Freddy Garcia gave up 9 runs before being yanked.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:02 AM
link   
PA i was quite surprised,but they have been scoring lately a 10 run inning is pretty good!

Ben

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
The Yankees are a very deep team this year in the starting rotation who is their best pitcher.

TRD

posted on May, 9 2003 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Well Mussina has been throwing well so far,but i think it is close between him and ol' Roger Clemens...

I think clemens has 297 wins now and has pitched consitantly for the 5 seasons he has been at the Yankees...
While Mussina did a 9/10 seasons at baltimore and pitched good before he came to the yankees and has only given up 2 HR this season so far with a era of 1.70...I think the competion is good and they are pulling out all the stops to stay in the side...

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 04:43 PM
link   
Homers from Bernie Williams and Jorge Posada have the Yanks over the A's 4-0 in the sixth inning!!

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Clemens win over the A's today was #298 for his career. They were saying if he wins his next start that he could possibly have a shot at getting his 300th win against Boston, where he got a nice chunk of those wins as a Red Sock.

Ben

posted on May, 10 2003 @ 11:51 PM
link   
Yankees played a good game and I do hope that the Rocket will pitch his 300th game agaisnt the Red Socks, in Boston. They would be something to watch.

TRD

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 04:13 AM
link   
Clemens was damm lucky to get the win..I hope his arm drops off....J/K

He did well,shame about the A's getting beat....
How old is clemens now?

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:45 PM
link   
Derek Jeter is ready to return to the New York Yankees on Tuesday.

The Yankees are off Monday and open a three-game series against Anaheim on Tuesday night at Yankee Stadium. Jeter said he would take Monday off and rejoin the team Tuesday.

espn.go.com...

Thats big for the Yanks to get Jeter back, he really will get the offense going again. Almonte did a decent job in his absence batting .272 .

Ben

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:49 PM
link   
I was surpised as to how well Almote did will Jeter was out. Now that Jeter is back in the lineup. I would expect the Yankees to win a lot more. They are almost the same team that they were going into the spring training. All they need now is Steve Karsey to come back. But he shouldn't be back until the All-Star break. I do believe TRD that Celments is 39 or 40.

posted on May, 11 2003 @ 03:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TRD

How old is clemens now?

Height: 6-4
Weight: 238 lbs.
Bats: Right
Throws: Right
Pos: SP
Born: August 4, 1962, DAYTON, OH
Full Name: William Roger Clemens
College:
Experience: 20 years
2002 Salary: $7,800,000

Ben

posted on May, 12 2003 @ 08:12 AM
link   
The Yankees lost the other day lossing their second series of the year. Both of the series losses came by the hands on the A's. Mulder pitched a great game and out did Pettite.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join