It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: Go Expos!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 12:16 PM
link   
They are 4 and 3 if you haven't seen the standings. They face to cubs today at 2:20. Vazquez gets the start for the Spos, while Prior goes for the cubs.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:20 PM
link   
The Expos look good after the first week of the season, especially after playing the Mets and the Braves. Vlad Guerrero looks like his usual potent self and the have alot of good young hitters like Wilkerson and Barrett and Chavez. The NL East looks like the toughest in baseball this year and should be a dogfight to the end.

[Edited on 9-4-2003 by ProudAmerican]

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
The Expos will be playing 20 games here in Puerto Rico this season. I am so excited since I've never seen a MLB game Live. I will probably go and catch a few games.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:25 PM
link   
good luck to you, what game are you planning to see there?

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:28 PM
link   
I have no idea. They will be playing the Cubs, Angels, Braves, and a couple of other teams. I think I will go see them when they play the defending World Champs. But as of now im not really sure I havent made up my mind.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
Ocelot, I did hear that they were playing 20 games in Puerto Rico, that's awesome. I assume that MLB is big down there being there are many native Puerto Rican players. I know theres at least two guys on the Expos from PR, J Vazquez and Jose Vidro, so I'm sure they will love playing there. I hope you can make it to a game, its alot of fun, dont forget the hot dogs and the beer!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

dont forget the hot dogs and the beer!

Thanx for the tip! I am really looking forward to going to my first MLB game. I bet it will be a lot of fun.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
It definitely is alot of fun, I've probably been to close to 300 games in my life and I still can't get a darn foul ball !!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 05:22 PM
link   
LOL! Probably bad luck.

Ben

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 08:59 PM
link   
i have only been to a couple of baseball games, i have heard about the Expos going to Puerto Rico, it sounds like a good idea, maybe more teams sound consider doing this. I hope that you have some fun going there.

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 10:58 PM
link   

I hope that you have some fun going there.

Thanx. I intend to.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Well, if you saw yesterday's game, you saw a good one. Tomo Ohka allowed just one hit in the Expos total washout of the Mets.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Damm I missed the game. But I saw the highlights on ESPN.

posted on Apr, 12 2003 @ 12:43 PM
link   
They weren't in Montreal but it sure looked like a home game. They spanked the Mets 10-0!! Nice to see the PR native Vidro have a huge game in front of his friends and family. Maybe they could move the team to San Juan permanently, they would probably sell more tickets there than in Montreal.

posted on Apr, 15 2003 @ 12:35 AM
link   
The Expos continue to look good, they just swept the Mets in Puerto Rico. Vlad Guerrero had another homer, hes off to his usual fast start. The NL East should be very interesting this season.

top topics

join