It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Baseball: The Orioles

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 11:44 AM
link   
What happened to this ball-club seemed like yesterday they were up there competing with the Red-Sox and Yankees for the East Division, now there competing with the Devil Rays and Blue Jays for last place.

posted on Apr, 6 2003 @ 08:43 PM
link   
They need to talk Cal Ripken out of retirement. It seems like when he left, he took their spirit with him. They are young though, they might be better this season. Hairston looks like a good leadoff man and Gibbons provides some power, and they have a decent closer in Julio.

posted on Apr, 11 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
they really have to build up their minor league system after trading it all away

TRD

posted on Jan, 13 2004 @ 03:04 PM
link   
The Orioles may be close to signing Sidney Ponson. its reported that the Orioles are hoping that Ponson will agree to a three-year, $21 million deal.

[Edited on 13/1/04 by TRD]

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:51 AM
link   
The Orioles sure have been busy this offseason. They probably have the best line-up in the AL and have become Rangers East. A great hitting team with extremely thin pitching.

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Yes they have been busy and i'm sure i read that they havn't finished yet!

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
They were going after Vlad, but now that he signed with the Angels I can't think of anyone who they would sign now that would be of any "Real" meaning. Maybe some second and third tier players but not the blue chip type player.

TRD

posted on Jan, 17 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Yeah i guess when you think about it there isn't many decent players left to pick up,they have made good additions to there team and it wil be interesting to see how they do in the new season.

new topics

top topics

join