It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

what is nothing like?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by JuanBond
not trying to be an ass or narrow minded about this but what the hell kinda question is that
Nothing is no thing, thats just it. all there is to it. the absence of all things tangeable.

JuanBond if you read over the rest of the thread you will see the point that I was trying to make. If you are happy to accept that nothing is quite simply nothing thats fine , its just that I wanted to look a little deeper than that.

thanks futs for the post (I'm a she not a he by the way
)

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:27 AM
link   
nothing is being not conscience. think of being unconscience. if you are not thinking and aware than there is nothing. as long as your not dreaming there is nothing to you. not even black because you are not aware of anything. if you are awake then everything is something or else it wouldnt be there for you to contemplate.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I've thought about this before as well... boggles my mind to just start thinking about it. I believe in a higher being as the creator of all of it, but where did that higher being come from? its definatley hard to think about, and one that almost certainly won't be answered in my lifetime...

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   
The answer according to our laws of energy: matter cannot be created or destroyed would tell you that everything was here to begin with, meaning there is no such thing as nothing.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrJingles
The answer according to our laws of energy: matter cannot be created or destroyed would tell you that everything was here to begin with, meaning there is no such thing as nothing.

Its obviously something that we are never ever going to be able to explain. We just don't even have the vocabulary. Even in your answer you say that everything was here to "BEGIN" with in ,other words you are saying that the "EVERYTHING" had a start.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Nothing isn't possible because if you think about it, nothing IS something......

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 07:57 AM
link   
Yeah, I can see what you mean. But there is such a thing as absolutely nothing, like said before, it's just too difficult for us to understand. Try and make a new letter of the alphabet that doesn't consist of any other sound from another letter. It's impossible because we can't comprehend beyond what we are aware of.

It's really hard to imagine nothing, because if there was nothing, then how could everything come together like it is now? If you believe the Big Bang theory, doesn't it seem strange that there was nothing, and everything, all at once? It's really interesting stuff to think about, it just gives me a headache...

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Its obviously something that we are never ever going to be able to explain. We just don't even have the vocabulary. Even in your answer you say that everything was here to "BEGIN" with in ,other words you are saying that the "EVERYTHING" had a start.

I agree that we can probably never explain it. For instance explain "start". Things don't just occur for no reason, they happen for a reason, whether we understand it or not. This is where god comes in and creates the universe apparently.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:29 PM
link   
I found this

www.hawking.org.uk...

It's got a lot of interesting points about the beginning of time. then I got to thinking that the mistake I have made is imagining that before creation there was nothing stretching back into infinity, but if at the point of the big bang time actually began then any nothing that there was didn't actually exist in time. If there was nothing then it was only there for a lot less than o.oooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo1 seconds if that before time began, so perhaps the nothing that was there is actually very insignificant
and on that note I'm going to shut up about this subject which I really know nothing about because I'm not sure if I'm making any sence any more.

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
the moment you try to understand or think about nothing it becomes something.
theres NOTHING to stress about on this topic

posted on Dec, 1 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   
iv thought about this before and decided that nothing never was. there was always something. the only thing that was nothing is you. and someday will be nothing again. try to think about loife before you were born. there you have nothing. just blank, no thoughts ,no colors(black seems to be on everyones mind, although i used to relate black to nothing, its true if it where just black it would be something therefore it wouldnt be nothing) no anything. this is just one of many questions that will mess up your head before you try to go to sleep. its almost like trying to image how big is the universe.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join