It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Help???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:43 PM
link   
There's some kind of problem with my internet connection. When I'm trying to go to any site or download anything it's just packing in and going to page not found. e.g. I'll try to come to this page but it says not found, and then I have to refresh it a few times and eventually it will come straight here. It's like it's not even trying to get to the particular page the first few times.
Any ideas as to what this could be?

Thanks alot.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by John Nada]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:23 PM
link   
could be a problem with your DNS server. who's your ISP? and what kind of connection do you have?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:26 PM
link   
It's sorted now, apparently two servers went down for all the ISP's, but they're back up now. Thanks anyway.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:32 PM
link   
You're welcome
. The main thing is that it's up and running again, eh?

regards
flc

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Yep i have had the same thing for the past seven hours

mines ntl there whole network worldwide went down

kinda odd!!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:47 PM
link   
IT'S "THEM"!!!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:03 PM
link   
RUN FOR THE HILLS!!!
:eek:

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by asala
Yep i have had the same thing for the past seven hours

mines ntl there whole network worldwide went down

kinda odd!!

I work for them - it was great fun today, particularly as I work in the Broadband Dept

Think that's why I chose ADSL lol

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:47 AM
link   
lol..So broadband was down to eishhhhhh

did they find out the reason why it went down?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:26 AM
link   
All we were told was that there was a problem with our DNS servers which was supposedly affecting almost every NTL customer in the UK. was supposed to have been fixed by 21:00 last night. I finished early, so don't know what time it was actually fixed

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 12:09 PM
link   
I think I found the real cause of our problems yesterday and early today. I had difficulty with my BTbroadband connection all yesterday afternoon and last night - looks like more were affected than they first thought.

CNET News

Although in addition to that, I also heard from a colleague today that a number of search engines were targeted in a Denial Of Service attack, which also impacted general surfing/connectivity. Maybe a combination of both, I can't find anything on the wires about this supposed DoS attack.

top topics

join