It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conflicting religons

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:41 PM
link   
----------------------
quote: orginally posted by paperclip
Imagine religion beling a cube, each side of it different colour and each side representing one world religion. Christians are, let say, red. All they see is their red side, and they keep saying the whole cube is red. Jews see the blue side and keep saying the whole cube must be blue, we are right. I reality, the cube has all the colours and NEEDS them all to be complete.
-----------------------------------

But each religon says that the other religons' followers will go to hell if they dont follow the "correct" religon. so if more than one are correct, are we all doomed to go to hell, if such a place exists?
Id like ppl's opinions on this

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Simple, hell and heaven don't exist. Your disembodied consciousness creates it's own little universe (resembling your idea of heaven or hell, depending on your mindset at death, and understanding of your new existence)...or you struggle to maintain a connection with the physical world and manifest as a "ghost". Suicide seems to be a different case (or maybe just it's own, cut-off type of imagined hell), but there are definitely some supernatural consequences of it.... Eventually, being god of your own universe gets boring...so then you decide to be reincarnating....

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
----------------------
quote: orginally posted by paperclip
Imagine religion beling a cube, each side of it different colour and each side representing one world religion. Christians are, let say, red. All they see is their red side, and they keep saying the whole cube is red. Jews see the blue side and keep saying the whole cube must be blue, we are right. I reality, the cube has all the colours and NEEDS them all to be complete.
-----------------------------------

But each religon says that the other religons' followers will go to hell if they dont follow the "correct" religon. so if more than one are correct, are we all doomed to go to hell, if such a place exists?
Id like ppl's opinions on this

hmmmm

In your posts lies the answer to your question. PEOPLE say that if you dont follow their way you go to hell. GOD says if you kill you go to hell. If you lie, steal, you go to hell.
GOD never said " if you dont follow Nicene Creed" you are doomed.
GOD said love thy neighbour.
Men said love thy christian ( muslim) neighbour, kill the others if they dont obey.

You are going to hell if you sin, not if you dont go to church.

People should really read their religious books more often, really read them. Being a muslim, I have read Qur'an many times, and I havent found a part which justifies suicide bombings of civilians. Actually I have found dozens of verses which say that you are going to hell if you do that.

God spoke to humans many times, and each time humans have created a way to worship that message. That makes them united in their diferences.
Only one God, many ways to worship him, and each way is in its essence the right way.

So, if you believe in higher force and lead a righteous life you are going to heaven. If you are atheist and lead a righteous life, then its up to God to decide, although from what I've learned about him, he WILL let you in

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by paperclip
In your posts lies the answer to your question. PEOPLE say that if you dont follow their way you go to hell. GOD says if you kill you go to hell. If you lie, steal, you go to hell.
GOD never said " if you dont follow Nicene Creed" you are doomed.
GOD said love thy neighbour.
Men said love thy christian ( muslim) neighbour, kill the others if they dont obey.

You are going to hell if you sin, not if you dont go to church.

People should really read their religious books more often, really read them. Being a muslim, I have read Qur'an many times, and I havent found a part which justifies suicide bombings of civilians. Actually I have found dozens of verses which say that you are going to hell if you do that.

God spoke to humans many times, and each time humans have created a way to worship that message. That makes them united in their diferences.
Only one God, many ways to worship him, and each way is in its essence the right way.

So, if you believe in higher force and lead a righteous life you are going to heaven. If you are atheist and lead a righteous life, then its up to God to decide, although from what I've learned about him, he WILL let you in

I feel enlightened. Good to know there is a person who believes in the same thing as me.

Wish the terrorists have read your post before 9/11 and other unneccesary bombings.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:18 PM
link   
i personally beleive that god created all religions and made them different so they can all learn from each other. all the parts that say you must follow a certain creed or you'll goto hell where ultimately created by the church and ancient governments that had an official religion.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by mutehalo]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:23 PM
link   
"If you are atheist and lead a righteous life, then its up to God to decide"

got my fingers crossed

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:37 PM
link   
It seems that everybody on this thread feels the same,in that if we have faith and live a righteous life then God will grant us addmission to heaven.
I wish it was this easy for us to determine this outside of this thread,like in the real world.
Instead of dividing ourselves with all the different denominations we could unite and learn from each other.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:20 PM
link   
well, the christian faith says you dont even need to live a rightous life, so it should be even easier to get into heaven. i wish we didnt have to have meanless wars that are encouraged by "devout believers"

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
I was brought up as a Roman Catholic and after a while stopped beliveving in jeusus and the church .. my parents belonged to a theological society which studied in detail all religions and came up with the sam answet THERE IS ON GOD. .. thus god created religions to inlightin people and to guide them.If you are Jewish Musilim Chirstian Buddist or etc. if you believe in God or the higher power then you believe in the same god as all religions do. The similarities are striking even in egyptian religion there are similarties with jesus and all of them preach the same ideals why.... beacuse one God created all of them so people of different descent could have something to believe in.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Christians and Muslims believe in the same God, Bhuddists dont pray to an all might being, Hinduism believe in the the world soul, and that all our souls are yearning to be accepted back into this world soul, and Sikh's do not believe in the same god as any of the above.
Every religion is Different but yet hold Gods name true for the purpose of faith.
Paperclips analogy reminds me of the Glass one used,
"Truth is a giant piece of glass that has been shattered and all the shards of these broken pieces( Religions) are a certain truth and once put back together the truth is realized"
Deep

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
In my mind there are three oppinions of religions.

1. Started to benefit the people, but was corrupted by wealthy power hungry men.

2. All religions are the same because they were invented by humans, good ones, who wanted to benefit commoners. Therfore they are preached the same good thing, but in different ways.

3. If religion as we know today exist any longer, we are all doomed.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Christians and Muslims believe in the same God, Bhuddists dont pray to an all might being, Hinduism believe in the the world soul, and that all our souls are yearning to be accepted back into this world soul, and Sikh's do not believe in the same god as any of the above.
Every religion is Different but yet hold Gods name true for the purpose of faith.
Paperclips analogy reminds me of the Glass one used,
"Truth is a giant piece of glass that has been shattered and all the shards of these broken pieces( Religions) are a certain truth and once put back together the truth is realized"
Deep

actually buddhism is more a philosophy than religion, you can be christian or athiest or whatever and still practice buddhist ideas... see here www.buddhanet.net...

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by namehere]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I do understand that, What I was trying to say is that Most religion do not pray to the same gods.

Muslims and Christians Pray to the same god, via different prophets.
Bhuddisms was formed for every man/women no matter what their caste unlike thier hindu counterparts, who restriced it to only the Bhramins.
Hinduism is to Caste restricted which has been a problem in india, hence the evolution of Bhuddism, Jainism, Sikhism.
Poor Hindu's.
Deep

In Buddhism there is not, as in most other religions, an Almighty God to be obeyed and feared. The Buddha does not believe in a cosmic potentate, omniscient and omnipresent. In Buddhism there are no divine revelations or divine messengers

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:55 PM
link   
oh, i misunderstood what you meant, sorry about that.

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
I do understand that, What I was trying to say is that Most religion do not pray to the same gods.

Muslims and Christians Pray to the same god, via different prophets.
Bhuddisms was formed for every man/women no matter what their caste unlike thier hindu counterparts, who restriced it to only the Bhramins.
Hinduism is to Caste restricted which has been a problem in india, hence the evolution of Bhuddism, Jainism, Sikhism.
Poor Hindu's.
Deep

In Buddhism there is not, as in most other religions, an Almighty God to be obeyed and feared. The Buddha does not believe in a cosmic potentate, omniscient and omnipresent. In Buddhism there are no divine revelations or divine messengers

join