It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dump Cheney!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:12 PM
link   
If Bush and Rove had an ounce of sense they would dump Cheney for the 2004 election. Cheney is responsible for the NEO CON takeover and utter disaster that is now Iraq. He is a corrupt and greedy man. Bush should throw him to the wolves - where he belongs and pick Colin Powell, for example, as a running mate. Perhaps then our government would rule with at least a modicum of common sense. If he chose Colin Powell, the Republicans would probably be looking at owning 4 back-to-back terms. Just a thought. Here's an article from Executive Intelligence Review discussing Cheney's dirty doings and ongoing calls for Dept. of Justice to investigate Cheney's people for theft of classified memos, among other things.

Executive Intelligence Review.

'Plumbers' Are Under Investigation in Cheney-Gate
by Jeffrey Steinberg

The triumphant neo-conservative claim trumpeted throughout U.S. media on Nov. 14�that links between Saddam Hussein and Al-Qaeda had been "conclusively proven" by a memo from Undersecretary of Defense Douglas Feith to the Senate Intelligence Committee�rapidly went the way of all previous such cooked claims from Vice President Dick Cheney's faction in Washington. But more, this claim had, by Nov. 17-18, boomeranged into its opposite: a Defense Department denial of the claim itself; an eruption of official demands to investigate who passed this classified document to the waiting neo-con press; the likely revival of the Intelligence Committee probe which had been shut down on Nov. 7 "to save Cheney's neck"; and the escalation of "Cheney-gate" itself, by the exposure of what appear to be "plumbers' " operations to steal sensitive documents from the Cheney faction's opponents.

The boomerang was part of what Democratic Presidential candidate Lyndon LaRouche called "the start of the hot phase" of his Presidential campaign�focussing on the Jan. 13 Washington, D.C. Democratic primary and other events in the nation's capital�and of his drive to force Cheney out of office. LaRouche told National Public Radio in St. Louis in a Nov. 18 interview, "Cheney is the guy we've got to be rid of, because we can not be going into this policy of nuclear preventive war, which is the policy the United States will be dragged into, if we don't get him out before the next election."

On Nov. 17, the Central Intelligence Agency formally requested a Department of Justice (DOJ) probe into the leak to the neo-con press of the classified memo from Feith; it was expected that both the National Security Agency and the Defense Intelligence Agency would file similar requests within days. The Feith document, dated Oct. 27, had been passed on to the neo-con Weekly Standard, and widely published and reported on Nov. 14, with great fanfare from Rupert Murdoch's Fox TV and New York Post. The Weekly Standard, too, is a Murdoch-owned propaganda sheet, edited by one of Washington's leading Leo Strauss cultists, William Kristol.

the rest:
www.larouchepub.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
But if Cheney left who would run the country?????

Nothing is true

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Hell, at this point...he could probably have Adolf Hitler and still get re-elected....

Still, we've got a year...so maybe he'll simply continue to be an idiot, and the Dems will get behind one, known candidate, instead of 9 unknowns (unknown to the public at large anyways...as in very few americans could even name half of them)...

But if Cheney left who would run the country?????

Same ones that do now....the ones who give Cheney his marching orders.... *sigh*

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Cheney's a huge liability. He needs to have a conveniently timed heart attack. He could then recede unscathed into the shadows, back to his Halliburton lair where he can count the billions he's stolen and get drunk on the blood of his enemies. Bush would come out smelling like a rose.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:48 PM
link   
I honestly dont think bush inc. will get reelected. unless they rig the election again...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:53 PM
link   
He and Rumsfeld both are corrupt bastards. It scares the hell out of me that they're back in power. They were both in charge of covering up the Artichoke experiments ('___' and brainwashing) and murders. Anyone who trusts these men are complete idiots.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Satyr
He and Rumsfeld both are corrupt bastards. It scares the hell out of me that they're back in power. They were both in charge of covering up the Artichoke experiments ('___' and brainwashing) and murders. Anyone who trusts these men are complete idiots.

My sentiments exactly. If you removed Cheney from the equation, the neo-cons would likely follow. It is the neo-con agenda that is driving us straight down the road to Armageddon.
Rumsfeld should, at the very least be fired. He's an evil, greedy, sawed-off little bastard.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If you take away Puppetmaster err, ummmm President err, ummmm Vice President Cheney then Bush would fall flat on his face. I'm all for it as long as somebody is there to take the stage.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fry2
If you take away Puppetmaster err, ummmm President err, ummmm Vice President Cheney then Bush would fall flat on his face. I'm all for it as long as somebody is there to take the stage.

Powell thoroughly pissed me off when he got up before the U.N. and gave that presentation of pablum passed off for evidence, but he would be a smart pick. And reasonable. Bush would listen to him as quickly as he listens to Cheney.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok

...as in very few americans could even name half of them)...

sounds like a challenge...

Howard Dean
Joe Liberman
John Kerry
John Edwards
Wes Clark
Al Sharpton
Carol Mosley Braun
Dick Gephart
Dennis Kucinich

haha...look ma no hands!! i'ma dork!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I would vote for Powell as president at the drop of a hat but we'll never see it happen. I think he has a pretty sour taste in his mouth for american politics at this point.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:24 PM
link   

I would vote for Powell as president at the drop of a hat but we'll never see it happen. I think he has a pretty sour taste in his mouth for american politics at this point.

As he should. He should've resigned instead of following through with that Lame-O presentation at the U.N.

I used to like him and hoped he would run. Now I could simply stomach him - rather than Bush. But he won't run. Alma (his wife) thinks he'll get blown away and the Republicans are skeered he's too liberal. I think he's probably just got a lotta common sense. And he's very charismatic, not to mention a "war hero."

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:30 PM
link   

I think he's probably just got a lotta common sense.

Exactly why I would vote for him. The only thing I'm unclear on with him would be his domestic agenda. I think he could handle foreign policy better than the last three administrations could ever have dreamed of.

All we can do is hope that someone shows up in the next 11.25 months that actually has a clue.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:46 PM
link   

I think he's probably just got a lotta common sense.

Exactly why I would vote for him. The only thing I'm unclear on with him would be his domestic agenda.

He'd probably be more liberal on the domestic front. He could probably bring a lot of people together, though.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid

My sentiments exactly. If you removed Cheney from the equation, the neo-cons would likely follow. It is the neo-con agenda that is driving us straight down the road to Armageddon.
Rumsfeld should, at the very least be fired. He's an evil, greedy, sawed-off little bastard.

It's good to know I'm not the only one who sees this. They're both just plain evil men, IMO. Why people allowed them to continue any kind of political career is beyond me. I can only assume it comes from complete ignorance of their past.

Yep, He got bent over and screwed. I guess his career was more important than his principles. I would've resigned.

[Edited on 11-25-2003 by Satyr]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   
His resignation would've blown their WMD theory to hell. It would've fallen apart. But he DID put his career before his principles. Unless, he got some kind of threat to play ball. He woulda been a hero to me had he resigned.

I had always admired the man after serving under him in the Gulf. Cheney, too, for that matter. I had NO IDEA that he was as EEEEVIL as he is. He wears a great poker face.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Yes. People respected Powell. There's no doubt his resignation would've made people take serious notice that something wasn't right. I used to respect him, too. It's sad how easily a good man becomes corrupt under the command of bad men. This is the problem with America. They go in with good intentions, and leave corrupt as hell.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Yes. People respected Powell. There's no doubt his resignation would've made people take serious notice that something wasn't right. I used to respect him, too. It's sad how easily a good man becomes corrupt under the command of bad men. This is the problem with America. They go in with good intentions, and leave corrupt as hell.

That's exactly right. After the Gulf war everyone was looking at "Stormin" Norman Schwartzkopf to go into politics. He said no, retired and went into private life quietly. I have more respect for him than any of the rest of them combined. He was a great leader.
It's a travesty that those who reach the highest levels of our government get so sleezy in the process. It's because of money, of course. They become beholden to those who pay for their campaigns. Many of them have probably been set up for blackmail, too.
I just don't understand Colin Powell's caving in to the NEO CONS. I've read a little about the role he played in the investigation into the MY Lai massacre and it pretty much made it clear that he was an azz-kissing young officer back then, as well. He was instrumental in covering it up. That could, in part, explain his meteoric rise.
On war, the Powell Doctrine rules, though. And Cheney definitely needs to GO!

new topics

top topics

join