It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man survives decades without food or water!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Tauristercus.....

Well said, my new best friend!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by tauristercus

Once again you don't get and you haven't read non of my posts.. You didn't run away from the OP you ran away from this post you made earlier:

So I wonder, oozyism ... just how many gullible people suspended the use of their 'rationality filter' and got sucked in

So that being said, my arguments were never in regards to the legitimacy, or credibility of this individual, but in regards to the possibility of such phenomena being true..

That is my argument, which I suspect you didn't read, which I suspect is why you made such a reply..

So I wonder, oozyism ... just how many gullible people suspended the use of their 'rationality filter' and got sucked in

Or maybe this reply:

My understanding of the term 'clinically dead' is in reference to a heart that is no longer beating and the cessation of breathing BUT there is still a measurable and discernible EEG trace.
Every day, there must be literally 100's (and possibly 1000's) of people around the world who are pronounced 'clinically dead' but are successfully revived.

But not once has there EVER been a reported, documented and verified instance of a human surviving longer than a few weeks without ANY form of solid and/or liquid nourishment being ingested.
Too believe otherwise that such a condition is possible is nothing more than wishful thinking at best and delusional at worst.

Now go and re-read my earlier replies..

Your memory span can't be that short..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by oozyism

Ok, just to make sure I hadn't missed any of your posts, I've just re-read them once more.

And when you made the following remarks in an earlier reply to me, thats where this discussion summarily ended:

That's my point buddy: Just for the idiots, here it goes again:

I can't believe I'm wasting my time with individuals like you.

And this little gem of convulated logic of yours, didn't help either:

If impossible is possible, then why is impossible, impossible?

[edit on 29/4/10 by tauristercus]

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:12 AM
link   
How does anyone magically aquire the nutrients, salts, water, and other dietary requirements that the human body needs to maintain itself???

We require these to survive, so if this magic trick keeps someone alive, then he must be getting these requirements from where??? Fresh air?? Magic invisible pixies injecting super-fluids into him??? Unless these questions can be at all answered, then this thread is complete junk.

Lock the skinny idiot away somewhere and see how long until he's begging for water & food. That'll prove it's a hoax.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:19 AM
link   
reply to post by john124

John124.....

Lock the skinny idiot away somewhere and see how long until he's begging for water & food. That'll prove it's a hoax.

That's hilarious

Great post

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
How sad, everyone already has their minds locked and permanently set regarding this issue.

I searched for more details about him, and found all the bloodwork/biochemistry tests, imaging scans done on him from the initial 2003 test.

You can find the details at Dr. Sudhir V. Shah's website.

There is a full medical report in pdf, and a full powerpoint slide presentation with MRI imaging pictures, doppler, ultrasound, ECG, genetic test etc...

They are located in the heading "Mataji - Case Study".

From what little I know, 3 negative results stand out to me:

There was an increase in uric acid, may account for lack of urination?

-auditory system damage, which was described as

"Bilateral severe to profound degree of sensori-neural hearing loss."

-a "Gallbladder collapse", not an often used medical term.

This was not peer reviewed, so maybe members here on ATS from the medical field could do part of the review, but not in this predetermined mindset against it from the start.

The full medical and documented evidence is now presented, now there isn't much more to say.

This new doctor from an Indian defense facility is basing his work on fully documented medical evidence reported in 2003.

The scientific method involves replication of previous research, no attempt to hoax people here.

By aiming to replicate and validate previous research, he is following the scientific method.

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by jjjtir

jjjtir…..

As per my response to Phage who posted the ”Breatharian” link, it looks like there’s money in these scams regarding people who don’t eat

Here’s my favourite part:

Breatharian Institute Of America

Empowered Ascension Workshop payment instructions.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2425c31a1356.jpg[/atsimg]

Please wire payment of $10,000.00 USD to my bank account.
Make payable to:
Wiley C. Brooks
Routing No. 026009593
Account No. 0361772092
Bank Of America
4103 S Western Ave
Los Angeles, CA 90062
323-730-9140 323-730-9140

I will contact you after the deposit has been successfully processed.

THERE WILL BE NO EXCEPTIONS TO THIS METHOD OF PAYMENT.

www.breatharian.com...

I put the Indian gentleman & anybody who claims he is legitimate in the same category of taking advantage of peoples’ gullibility.

In fact if we dug more, we might find more “problems”.

Also.....as I said in the other thread, I will review the medical material to which you refer, albeit I don't see why it couldn't be disingenuous.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by tauristercus
reply to post by oozyism

Ok, just to make sure I hadn't missed any of your posts, I've just re-read them once more.

And when you made the following remarks in an earlier reply to me, thats where this discussion summarily ended:

That's my point buddy: Just for the idiots, here it goes again:

I can't believe I'm wasting my time with individuals like you.

And this little gem of convulated logic of yours, didn't help either:

If impossible is possible, then why is impossible, impossible?

[edit on 29/4/10 by tauristercus]

No this just goes to show that you don't have the means, nor the brain power to engage in a direct discussion on a subject which you have already chosen sides on..

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

WOW!

I just realised this thread is 7 years old!

Brilliant!

Where am I ?

posted on Apr, 29 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
I don't think it's any coincidence that two such con-men have come from the Gujarat region of India, traditionally one of the poorest, most drought-prone regions of the nation. Desperation will make you do anything for money and food, I imagine.

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by oozyism

Originally posted by NotTooHappy
Man, no food or drink, that guys life sucks.

How do u know big boiiiii?

Second line...

What I'm curious about is that why was this 7 year old thread necroed? And why is it on BBC news on 29/04/2010? news.bbc.co.uk...

Did BBC necro their own news?

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by Maybe...maybe not

WOW!

I just realised this thread is 7 years old!

Brilliant!

Where am I ?

Stormdancer777.....

Look at the time stamp on the opening post:

Posted on 26-11-2003 @ 04:06

That's an old thread!

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Oh nevermind I figured out why... they are doing a new study as of 22/04/2010

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by VneZonyDostupa
I don't think it's any coincidence that two such con-men have come from the Gujarat region of India, traditionally one of the poorest, most drought-prone regions of the nation. Desperation will make you do anything for money and food, I imagine.

VneZonyDostupa.....

I wouldn't be surprised if they're all mixed up in this "Breatharian" money-making scam.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

In fact if you read further, you'll find the fee for the first "Breatharian" workshop is $1,000,000!

Breatharian Institute Of America

Please do not waste time trying to contact me if you do not have the $1,000,000.00 to pay for the workshop. Any further information pertaining to the workshops that is not on my web-site will be given only to those people who have made the $10,000 deposit.

Students who complete this workshop will be the leaders of the new Earth (5th dimensional Earth). The current earth (3rd dimensional Earth) will not be accessabe to anyone after after December 21, 2012.

These workshops can accommadate only one student at a time, and requires a minimum of 5 days to complete the first level. Because of the limited time before the 2012 dead line, students will be picked by the dates that the full payment is received. Priority will go to the earliest dates.

Wiley

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

[edit on 30-4-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 05:29 AM
link   
Wow I just blocked a portscan from a China address while surfing here.

Lol wtf...

[edit on 30-4-2010 by postmeme]

posted on Apr, 30 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by kegs

It made it to aljazeera:

NEWS CENTRAL/S. ASIA
Indian 'holy man' perplexes doctors

Doctors and experts are baffled by an Indian man who claims not to have eaten or drunk anything for 70 years - but is still in perfect health.

A team of scientists and doctors in Sterling Hospital, in the western Indian city of Ahmedabad, are studying the claims of Prahlad Jani, a local holy man, who is over 70 years old.

He claims to have been blessed by a goddess when he was 8-years-old, which has enabled him to survive without sustenance and that he derives energy through meditation.

Most people can live without food for several weeks, with the body drawing on its fat and protein stores. But the average human can survive for only three to four days without water.

Al Jazeera's Imran Khan reports.

With Video:

www.youtube.com...

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join