It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Man survives decades without food or water!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:40 PM
link   
I was really thinking he had a life that was above and beyond ours. As the doctors said, he was in fine mental and psychological health as well as physical. He may know how to co-exist on a different plane of thinking or indeed a different plane of reality. Just because he doesn't watch the Simpson�s every day doesn't make him a moron.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:42 PM
link   
kegs,

don't jump to conclusions...i've never watched the simpson's. BUT, I do firmly believe that a life spent without compassion towards others and contributions to your fellow man is less than a life.

so this guy can drip piss out of his mouth because he decided to live his life in a cave...

no, I'm not impressed.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:50 PM
link   
I wasn't talking specifically to you Valhall. The Simpson�s comment was fescues, but I think you know my point.

I really don't see how this man has lived any less of a life. When I was really young I used to think when I was grown I wanted nothing more than a hut in a desert with a radio and a bed. That's it.
I still want the same thing metaphorically.

I think he is probably far more in tune with the realities of our existence than any of us could ever hope to be, through any religion or equivalent philosophy.

My opinion, of course.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:55 PM
link   
I understand what you are saying, kegs, but when all is said and done, if you had lived your life in a hut YOU might have obtained some great state of being either mentally, or spiritually, or both...

but it sure is going to stink to find out that we are here just for ourselves, in my mind at least.

I feel the same way about monks, and orders and nuns. You prove nothing to me by pulling yourself away from the world and living some kind of protection-induced higher calling. Get out among the heartaches of the world and manage to help some one else while your heart is breaking...

then I'll applaud you if you can drip piss out of your sinuses...you'll have my respect then!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
I really don't see how this man has lived any less of a life. When I was really young I used to think when I was grown I wanted nothing more than a hut in a desert with a radio and a bed. That's it.
I still want the same thing metaphorically.
My opinion, of course.

Kegs:

If THAT'S ALL you want out of life then YES I'd have to agree taht THIS guy is a role model for you...

HOWEVER, I would think any RATIONAL Human Being I have EVER met would agree that turning piss into your drinking water as the HIGHLIGHT of your day a life does NOT make...

To be honest, if THAT was I was living for I'd have to question whether breathing was worth the effort...

just MY opinion, naturally...

P...
m...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Valhall,

Sure, but that's the chance you take isn't it?

For example you might think the way you currently adhere to is the one true way, dismissing all others and never know if you are right or wrong until you die, or equally paradoxically you may venture to try one single other way for a few years, find you were wrong and be back to square one. Or you may want to try them all, sampling each like a range of new free samples, learning nothing about any and finding after the years you've spent trying them all you come to the conclusion that none are worth anything including the one you started out from.

Or, of course, you might get lucky.

Or, of course, you make up your own mind from the start. That's always the hardest course though.

Even I think I'm starting to talk crap now but I'm certain there's a point in there somewhere!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   
Springer, I can see what you�re saying but the definition of a rational human being is down to each individual human beings view of the world. There is no such thing as normal.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
Springer, I can see what you�re saying but the definition of a rational human being is down to each individual human beings view of the world. There is no such thing as normal.

yup, you should do what ever you want, as long as your not hurting anyone

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dmsoldier
yup, you should do what ever you want, as long as your not hurting anyone

WithOUT question! I agree with this statement 100%...

BUT PLEASE don't attempt to pass what THIS yo-yo has done off as a "higher plane"...

I mean REALLY!

PEACE...
m...

[Edited on 11-25-2003 by Springer]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I'm not trying to. I'm just exploring the possibility. If he is completely mentally healthy, why do you think he has done it Springer?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:00 PM
link   
it is not the only one... sadhus and fakirs do that often (not always 10 years altough
, it's part of the raja yoga (mastering the mind), the guys are high on ''prana'' ...basically the vital energy you're taking in foods, drinks, sleep, air and sun. apparently they're taking it directly in an advanced state of meditation by the ajna chakra( (above the head) . All my respect to that transcendantal freak.

Could be useful for the ''BUY NOTHING DAY'' November 28th worldwide.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Yeah, I'd say that he's full of piss...and it's dripping through his sinuses into his mouth, and there you go. He's a perpetual motion machine. I veritable dynamo. Full of piss and vinegar. An ugly bag of mostly water.

yee-haw! what a life.

Vals words

Piss dripping through his sinuses into his mouth.
A perpetual motion machine

His farts probably wouldn't stink, but his breath would be off the charts!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
by Kalki

it is not the only one... sadhus and fakirs do that often (not always 10 years altough , it's part of the raja yoga (mastering the mind), the guys are high on ''prana'' ...basically the vital energy you're taking in foods, drinks, sleep, air and sun. apparently they're taking it directly in an advanced state of meditation by the ajna chakra( (above the head) . All my respect to that transcendantal freak.

Could be useful for the ''BUY NOTHING DAY'' November 28th worldwide.

Ahh! Thank you! A sane voice at last! Can you tell me anything else about this? Why would he let himself be tested? I would have thought he would be pretty reticent to testing.

I'm really looking forward to buy nothing day by the way. Sweet celebration. # consumerism!

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 07:13 AM
link   
Prana = chi

Ajna chakra = third eye

That's what I know about this.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 08:40 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBandit795
Prana = chi

Ajna chakra = third eye

That's what I know about this.

oh that's right... so the crown one is called sahasrara chakra, where the prana can feed the cells.

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 02:57 PM
link   
There are many accounts of people living without food for decades and they wouldn't all be false.

The hole in the palate sounds like a new twist. He shouldn't even need that.

Starving people in the past were fed with Mana which fell from the sky, or food may be brought to them by wild animals, so there seems to be someone with an interest in keeping us alive via supernatural means, and who's to say what means are valid and which means aren't valid.

Jesus was said to have created food and booze from water and air, so go figure. Obviously food can be obtained by supernatural means..

breatharianism?

niejedzenie.pl...
www.skeptics.ca...
skepdic.com...

www.selfempowermentacademy.com.au...

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 01:34 PM
link   
I hate it when nobody follows up on these stories.

Something incredibly remarkable happens and after ten minutes the world gets distracted and starts playing with their bouncy balls again.

edition.cnn.com...

Is this guy still alive? Does anybody care?

posted on Apr, 1 2007 @ 02:36 PM
link   
wow, this guy may have broken through the physiological barrier of his own humanity, and all we get are piss jokes.

if you don't value spiritual evolution, fine, but show some decorum.

posted on Apr, 2 2007 @ 02:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Parallelogram
wow, this guy may have broken through the physiological barrier of his own humanity, and all we get are piss jokes.

Hah, that's what I thought. I was especially surprised to find Springer acting so churlish. But then again I don't know the man. Maybe he's always an arse.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join