It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

That planet after pluto

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:02 PM
link   
(sorry if this is that wrong forum, i looked at them all and decided this was the best choice)

anyways, my question: what ever happened to that 10th planet they found? a while back, they had found a planet past pluto, about the size of texas, and they(the scientists) were going to get back to us(the public) when they had more information. i havent heard about it since. has anyone else?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:06 PM
link   
i believe its called planet x as far as i know. i would put links but im on my lunch break. look into the summerians they knew about it and there are lots of interesting things coming from them and that planet. wish i could put more but i gotta eattttt.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:07 PM
link   
this one?
www.sciam.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by ihatethisplace
i believe its called planet x as far as i know. i would put links but im on my lunch break. look into the summerians they knew about it and there are lots of interesting things coming from them and that planet. wish i could put more but i gotta eattttt.

nope, it's a different one, planet x is supposedly between Mars and Jupiter
xfacts.com...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by exdog
this one?
www.sciam.com...

yeah, like that, the one i was thinking of though was discovered in 99 or somewhere around that time.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:19 PM
link   

yeah, like that, the one i was thinking of though was discovered in 99 or somewhere around that time.

I'll do some Googling at lunch and see what I can find

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:29 PM
link   
The one between Mars and Jupiter was also Marduk (planetX) according to Sitchin.

Sitchin at Sacret-texts.com

Tiamat and Marduk, the wisest of gods,
Advanced against one another;
They pressed on to single combat,
They approached for battle.
After he had slain Tiamat, the leader,
Her band was broken, her host broken up,
The gods, her helpers who marched at her side,
Trembling with fear,
Turned their backs about so as to save
And preserve their lives.

Sitchin interprets "the host, the helper gods" to be the moons of Tiamat which "turned their backs" or changed orbital motions. He suggests that the "shattered band" became the comets and the asteroid belt. But of most importance, the bulk of Tiamat's debris fell into a new orbit and would
become Earth.

It is clear that a battle of the Gods is described, only Sitchin interpretets it like a planet between Mars and Jupiter which collided with Marduk and therefore made the asteroid belt.

This however doesn't mean that PlanetX isn't reality, just that the interpretation as a real planet is not the right one... PlanetX is real it's only metaphorical, I am also soon going to set up a topic to eliminate the "PlanetX" from the "Known hoaxes" list (PlanetX and the planet between mars and jupiter are directly related according to Sitchin, they collided).

* The planet between Mars and Jupiter is just an interpretation of a war of the Gods.
* PlanetX itself isn't.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:32 PM
link   
PlanetX isn't supposed to be between Mars and Jupiter, just the interpretation of Sitchin makes it look that way.

Do you know why PlanetX got such a highly elliptical orbit? that's not because it is really a planet, it is because it is a metaphor... and if you look at the vessels of the Gods in other religions you know what it does represent...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:47 PM
link   
Ok. It took me a bit of time to remember the name. I remember hearing this when it first came out last year (Oct 2002)

Astronomers announced today the discovery of the largest object in the solar system since Pluto was named the ninth planet in 1930. The object is half the size of Pluto, composed primarily of rock and ice, and circles the sun once every 288 years.

Named Quaoar (pronounced KWAH-o-ar), the object resides in the Kuiper belt, a region of the sky beyond the orbit of Pluto and about 4 billion miles (6.5 billion kilometers) from Earth. The Kuiper belt is chock full of remnants from the planet-formation era of the solar system.

news.nationalgeographic.com...
It's called Quaoar (for now).

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Wow...How did they get such a good picture?

That picture must be fake, because we don't even have a good picture of pluto, let alone a planet beyond pluto's orbit.

Can anyone make sure I'm wrong?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:54 PM
link   
The article states "An artist's interpretation of what Quaoar might look like"

There are no pictures in this detail of any trans-neptunian object.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:55 PM
link   
An artist's interpretation of what Quaoar might look like.

Illustration by NASA and G.Bacon (STScI)

Zzub beat me too it

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by KillerD]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Sorry...my bad.

I never read articles.

Sorry once again.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
does anyone remember the planet beyond pluto that was discovered back in 1999 or somewhere around then? (so not Quaoar, which was discovered in Oct 2002)

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by pineappleupsidedown
does anyone remember the planet beyond pluto that was discovered back in 1999 or somewhere around then? (so not Quaoar, which was discovered in Oct 2002)

I vaguely remember it...but didn't they say it was a hoax or a mistake.

Let me check...

I found this link saying that the new planet is not a planet.

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by surfup]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I actually remember many claims that it was not a planet at all, but instead an asteroid or something.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by LeenBekkemaa
PlanetX isn't supposed to be between Mars and Jupiter, just the interpretation of Sitchin makes it look that way.

Do you know why PlanetX got such a highly elliptical orbit? that's not because it is really a planet, it is because it is a metaphor... and if you look at the vessels of the Gods in other religions you know what it does represent...

I stand corrected...thanks for the info...I just did a bit of quick googling

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Does anyone know about the Kuiper belt? There are many objects out there that could be called small planets. Here is a link for more info.
Nineplanets.org Kuiper belt/Oort cloud
from the nine planets website

Some astronomers believe that Triton, Pluto and its moon Charon are merely the largest examples of Kuiper Belt objects. (But even if this is true, it will not affect Pluto's official designation as a "major planet" for historical reasons.)

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by jrod]

[Edited on 25-11-2003 by jrod]

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:58 PM
link   
After Quaroar, they even disputed Pluto's being correctly labelled a planet. It never should have been classified as a true planet because of it's size.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by darklanser
After Quaroar, they even disputed Pluto's being correctly labelled a planet. It never should have been classified as a true planet because of it's size.

Do you guys remember the time NASA was thinking about not labelling pluto as a planet and all elementart school childreen mailed NASA to keep pluto?

Or am I dreaming?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join