It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Reparations for slavery coming to U.S. About time.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:09 AM
link   
This is to Tma and Col.

Have you guys ever heard the mato of ATS "Deny Ignorance" ?

If so, then #ing deny it. If people/someone won't accept you for who you are then wipe the dust off your feet. Don't waste your words/letters on them (UNLESS) they want to change.

Polotics is another WHOLE dif story, but I think everyone is soo damn concerned about the bull#, that maybe they forgot the whole meaning of life. LOVE YOUR NEIGHBOR AS YOURSELF. Whit, Black, Asian, Indian Who cares? Don't rely on them (gov) to make our decision LET'S MAKE OUR OWN.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:40 AM
link   
what was the quote... "the irish do a job for a nickle that a (black) does for a dime and a white man used to do for a quarter." from a movie i know, but coming from there doesnt change the fact of the matter:

they used the immigrating irish on jobs too low or too dangerous to risk using slaves on. do we look for reparations? i dont think so.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:46 AM
link   
dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu...

ever heard of an irishman bitching about it?

www.electricscotland.com...

this is just people who feel that the world owes them something. if they were white they would be treated for mental illness. NEWS FLASH: the world owes you nothing. you are just like any other person. you are NOT THAT IMPORTANT.

wake the # up. this isnt paradise. # happens. that was the past. NO ONE from that time is alive to answer for it today. now its a lot different. now its gone to the far opposite side of the range, with affirmative action and all. i dont care what color your skin is, when you can take my job that i may well be better qualified for just because of the color of your skin, thats when i know things have gone too far. all men created equal.

i refuse to apologise to anyone whom ive offended with this post. ill never apologise for stating my opinion or belief. i just hope you are man enough to realise that i have my opinion as you have yours. respect mine if you want me to do the same.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 12:50 AM
link   
Many Irish crowded near the ports where they landed. Uneducated and poor, they were forced to live in slums of horrible filth like Manhattan�s Five Points slum. They were denigrated by society. "No Irish Need Apply" signs were common.13 The Irish and freed blacks competed for the same jobs and the Irish did what they could to promote themselves by using their "whiteness." 14 As one southern planter explained to his northern visitor, the planter had hired an Irish gang to drain a swamp because "�It�s dangerous work and a negroe�s life is too valuable to be risked.�

dekalb.dc.peachnet.edu...

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join