It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

David Blain...PA!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:19 AM
link   
48 days without water...Blain your an amatuar
news.bbc.co.uk...

I'd heard of this guy before but thought is was bull. Now i'm not so sure. Even though it was only 10 day but that's 10 days without food or even water.
He must get energy from somewhere. Maybe he absorbs it!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
This is amazing. Perhaps the doctors will discover a new way of absorbing energy besides glycolysis.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Uhm...no, he's an illusionist.

It was a trick.

It was a variation of the methods used for the "sealed in ice" trick he did a while back. Since then, there was even a special that aired, illustrating perfectly how it (ice trick) was accomplished. I have no doubt that there were many similarities in method between that stunt, and the current one..

It is no magic, it is no energy....it's a trick...

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 09:38 AM
link   
Gazrok,

I would like to know what that trick is...Can you do it???

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:05 AM
link   
With the same equipment...absolutely...(as he was lounging in a small room sipping soda, and eating take out, while people thought he was up there, hehe...) Better yet, see if you can get a copy of the latest Secrets of Magic tv special, and see for yourself the principles he used to do the trick....

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:07 AM
link   
There's a lot of really interesting phenomena from that part of the world. Tibet has it's share of interesting occurences like that, though most of them haven't been documented as this man's experience has. Tumo Yoga is one thing that comes to mind immediatly.

There's a really great short story by Franz Kafka called "The Hunger Artist", worth checking out, and though it's only fiction it's related to this subject.

THE HUNGER ARTIST

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   

About Blaine�s History
Nov. 30 � Blaine first received national attention in 1997 when he performed a series of self-levitations on the street, in an ABC special, David Blaine: Street Magic. Since then the 27-year-old magician�s reputation as a performance artist has grown tremendously. People magazine listed Blaine as one of the 25 most intriguing people in the world in 2000.
Last year, almost 100,000 people turned up to see Blaine unearthed in New York after seven days of being buried alive six feet under New York�s Riverside Drive. Being buried alive was famed magician Harry Houdini�s biggest fear, and his life ended before he overcame it. And Robert De Niro has bought the rights to make a film about Blaine�s life.
Born in Brooklyn, Blaine moved back to New York City right after finishing high school in New Jersey. Both his mother and grandmother were raised as Gypsies. Blaine decided he was destined for magic when he was only 4, and began using one-on-one illusions to connect with people.

He's a magician...an illusionist....it's a trick...

I'm certainly a believer in mind over matter, but even Blaine does not claim to have any kind of psychic ability...but tries to pass it off as just concentration. I suppose you believe he really needed an ambulance?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Gazrok did you click the link?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
I agree, I'm pretty sure Gazrok thinks this whole thread is about whether or not David Blaine is real.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Keep in mind that a few people claimed to have seen him taking pills that were hidden in his pillow.
Protein and Vitamin suppliments obviously.

And why the frock would he perform such a stunt?
Whats he want? a damn pat on the back or a gold star sticker? He's an attention craving loser in my opinion.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Ever notice that in wealthy nations where food is fairly plentiful, going without food and water is considered a "magic trick". Where as in the rest of the world(third world nations) it is considered reality.Does this mean that all those people dying from starvation are really just great magicians? That kind of crap made me sick whenever a story about it was on CNN.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 10:13 AM
link   

I agree, I'm pretty sure Gazrok thinks this whole thread is about whether or not David Blaine is real.

Sorry, didn't mean to steer the thread down that path...it just appeared that you were at first stating Blaine was real...

My bad...truly some incredible stories on those links...

new topics

top topics

join