It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NUMber of post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 06:49 PM
link   
What happen to th number of post for each person. u know how many times theve posted that was in there lil info box. IF u took it down WHY??

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Why? Was it an important option that should have come standard with this year's model?

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 08:48 PM
link   
As a Moderator I believe you are obligated to provide an answer not a blow off question...or what, have you converted to Nazism now? Communism?? Some secret neo-facist group???

I do believe I speak for everyone when I say everyone here has been a stalwart defender of Democracy....lead by example.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Several members have been posting for the sheer joy of seeing their post numbers increase. The signal-to-noise ratio of the forums has become intolerable for long-time members of this community. While we often appreciate the zeal of our newer members, we hope they reach a contemplative state whereby posting to ATS involves consideration and thought not reflex and knee-jerk.

As moderators and administrators, we came to the collective decision to remove the post-number indications through a very democratic process that involved a unanimous vote in favor.

These are among the several minor aspects we're working on to improve the forums. Some you will see, some you will not.

Please, think before you post.

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Hmm I thought that was probably the reason

Will it ever be brought back?

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 11 2002 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Probably only if we can start making good posts, with much content, and that are also thought provoking, that get a lot of people interested. Then, we might get it back. Maybe not even then.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by FreeMason
As a Moderator I believe you are obligated to provide an answer not a blow off question...or what, have you converted to Nazism now? Communism?? Some secret neo-facist group???

I do believe I speak for everyone when I say everyone here has been a stalwart defender of Democracy....lead by example.

Sincerely,
no signature

I don't believe I need you to tell me how I should answer a question, and I do not need you to tell me that I can't ask my own.
Since you are a major player in the post-counter being disabled, and since your opinion on what my job is, or its job description is of little to no value, you have once again made a No Value Added post.

As far as Commie or Nazi or whatever, once again you do nothing but pop off at the slimey mouth with stupid nonsense that no more fits than a round peg in a square hole. I'm sure you find yourself witty as can be, though, don't you.
Idiotic pseudo-bigots are usually that way.

[Edited on 12-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 06:12 PM
link   
i still think they should be counted. How about setting if you get so many it becomes enabled. Like 50 sometin. This stops the hasle of newbs trying to talk just to hear themselves talk. By at least 50 they know the rules and edict of the board.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 06:37 PM
link   
You have a good point, Q-S, and a moral and well-mannered man such as yourself would think that way, but I can think of one boy who doesn't look at it that way and has set a record of both the most numerous posts and most posts with the least thought.

Give it a while and I'm sure the mods will change it back. Right now some just need time to grow a bit.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 06:51 PM
link   
TC, FM may have attacked your way of conducting business, but don't hold it against him.

And I don't see why anyone would care how many posts they have. If they are thoughtful and good for the board, then it shouldn't matter. It might be nice to know you added to the board, but depends on what you add.

UP has many posts, and they are good. They contribute, and they are many. FM, no offense man, but some of yours seem a little temper tuned. Calm down before a post.

Also, Quicksilver, great idea! Maybe one hundred, fifty is easily reached with bs and babble. One hundred would keep it down.

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I don't attack TC's way of conducting business, I attack his morality for it is very UNchristian.

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
I don't believe I need you to tell me how I should answer a question, and I do not need you to tell me that I can't ask my own.

You can ask your own questions did I say you couldn't?

But your answer to QS was by far uncalled for. Notice how Williams cleared up the question quite well.

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 09:01 PM
link   
You are a newbie with a desire to run up post counts is all you are, not to mention a smart-mouthed, idiotic pseudo-bigot that thinks he's going to breeze in and tell someone a thing or two. You, being a newbie with not enough sense to know that the world here didn't begin when you flew in, already had a history Q-S knows me and I know Q-S, and William knows us all, and we all know him.
We now you, or at least what you are, and you haven't a clue about us, so don't try and give your opinion on me or anyone else, here, you idiotic newbie, as it is our opinion that counts.
As far as Christianity goes, you haven't a clue of it, so don't tell me if I fit the mold to you. Why would I care about your opinion as your opinion of Christianity is that of disdain, as is your attitude toward some of my friewnds here at this board. When my friends are insulted and attacked, especially by an idiotic pseudo-bigot with bad manners and little knowledge about everything, I close the gaps and return fire. You have a problem with that, little boy, I suggest you stand down, regroup and try again.
And when you do that, realize that you so far have shown that you know little about which you address but don't let that stop you from making an inordinate amount of postings while at the same time found it necessary to show your arse at every turn, hence, the return of the favor. Get the hint, stupid, or are you really that dense?

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 09:45 PM
link   
TC, TC, TC.....I'm only trying to help you be a good democratic leader....you are digging yourself a hole, ease on the fanaticism and zealousness.

And as Christianity goes...I know what it isn't, and it isn't what you are being...or becomming, which ever the case may be.

And now you are even threatening me, for shame, and name calling too, where does all this come from? I thought God was a loving god.

And I actually demand now...PROOF of ignorance, there is a difference between an opinion, and actual ignorance, maybe you are too ignorant to realize that?

See all you do is call me ignorant, where as if you read the posts you'll see that the ones you've been attacking were actually just opinions to other people's previous posts...if you look at the "informative" posts I'll do you'll see they are quite well thought out. Enough so that all you've been able to do is throw bad words around and make erroneous statements.

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
so don't try and give your opinion on me or anyone else, here, you idiotic newbie, as it is our opinion that counts.

Sometimes it takes a "new kid on the block" to bring out the "real" personality in someone. Looks like you are more scarred inside than you were previously showing.

You know...you should really reflect on what is actually bothering you, my number of posts, or the opinions in them? Maybe my opinions are hitting your pillar of faith a little too hard? For a wise man would say, "not to get angry over ignorance." Yet angry you be.

"Much anger I see in you."

Sincerely,
no signature

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 10:08 PM
link   
You really have a high opinion of yourself, don't you, idiotic pseudo-bigot? You demand nothing as you have no weight in this joint as you are just a boy who wants a high count and a place to pop off at the mouth.
And, go figure, you still don't get it, do you? You have no idea that you are walking into a community that existed without you, that sees you as an offensive dumbarse and someone who has insulted a couple three of our family-members. You waste time by posting worthless crap, causing people precious minutes by looking at it, hoping you'll pull your head out of your fifth point of contact, but I think you don't have the ability.
And, make no mistake, you aren't being a good democratic leader as you are not a leader in the least. You are just a little boy that wants to run around making noises and twisting words, insulting other people and, worst of all, advertising himself as a Mason. You, son, are bad advertisement and give others cause not to like the organization.
You are what you point out in others, and you haven't the God-given sense to see it.

You are truly an idiotic pseudo-bigot.

And threaten you? I haven't threatened you. As usual, you twist. And say idiotic things. Threats across the internet. That makes alot of sense, doesn't it, moron?

[Edited on 13-11-2002 by Thomas Crowne]

posted on Nov, 12 2002 @ 10:23 PM
link   
FM...

You speak from ignorance in this case because you're unaware of the history of Thomas Crowne as a long-time contributor to this website. Perhaps a more appropriate stance would be to ask yourself, "how have I provoked this response from a respected member of this community?"

Your half-veiled attack on the quality of his personal beliefs is indeed a very poor stance and not something that anyone would take lightly. Thomas and I (a staunch atheist) have had many long theological discussions where I challenged several deep-rooted aspects of his faith's teachings. In the end, we're still friends because at no point, even in the heat of debate, did I ever challenge the quality of his beliefs.

So here is lonely little FreeMason who used to play Warcraft III too much and now finds himself here instead. It seems you've found another addiction, reading your numerous posts on Above Top Secret. You came here with no regard for those who are here, and barged in with your own brand of "I'm right, you're wrong" to see what kind of feathers you could ruffle.

It's too bad, because at times it appears you have a thing or two to say that might be interesting. However, it's unfortunate that the sheer volume of your post-fest has hidden any gems of potential merit in the unbearable drivel of 95% of your posts.

Don't imagine yourself the "new kid" for even a small moment of self-aggrandizing reflection. At best, you're the troll-of-the-week who has come with a plan to have fun with the "silly conspiracy freaks" at ATS. Well, we've seen your kind of trolls and twits over the years, and most of us have skin thick enough to realize this too shall pass. However, I'm concerned for the new users (because in my position I must be), who may have something interesting to add to ATS, who are taken aback by this strange FreeMason with a posting addiction. My experience with online communities (which dates back to the 1980's), is that these potential new members of value will take a pass and move on.

The anger you see in us is a reflex. It is a reaction to our community, which we've built over the years, being devalued by a crazy new fanatic.

But, there is indeed room for everyone here (even Tyler) and most people find their place. Are you going to find your place, or play the role of village twit a little longer?

William

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 05:41 AM
link   
That is only a portion of it, William, that has brought about me appearing to act out of the usually lovable chahracter that all have come to know (I'm a regular little huggable fuzzball as most anyone will tell you). He has insulted and offended other members of the community since he has slithered in. I don't react too well when I see a bully, and I figure that's the kind of mentality that would behave on the internet as he does. He can pop off at the mouth and do so with impunity as he is behind the internet anonimity.

An apology to the entire board from him is in order, and a change of habit is necessary.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 08:21 AM
link   
..consider William's and Thomas's responses here.
From two opposite shades of the spectrum, they say the same thing: "Why post what you would not care to read, on a Board such as ATS, the aims of which are crystal-clear.
Let Estragon tell newer members that if you have a beef with TC's approach to Christianity, post it as a substantial posting: TC has been known (2-3,000 times) to respond to theological input in an informed and rational way.
I take this as an example; but whatever the topic is -the question remains the same:" Do you wish to participate in teaching and learning, dispassionately, but with good grace and gentle humour; or do you simply wish to inflict yourself upon others?"
The latter may be a perfectly acceptable motive, in certain circumstances, but not on ATS -there are innumerable sites where you can just sound off - or start your own.

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 12:52 PM
link   
[Edited on 21-1-2003 by Netchicken]

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 01:05 PM
link   
You know, I'd pay good money to attend an Estragon Communications Seminar!

posted on Nov, 13 2002 @ 09:24 PM
link   
ALso FM no offense and dont want to fight with u i dont need u to try to get my answers clearer from anyone on ats. I mean i know T-C is sarcastic at times and i didnt take that as a bad thing kinda funney to me. I do know if T-C wanted to say something realyl smart @$$ he could have though of soem better stuff look what he has wrote he 2 u bery extinsive vocab as u can see. I have to take T-C side cause he has be here for a long time and is opinon is well taken by mostly eveyone. but i cant get mad at u at because all u used a SW quote in ur message. sorry im a freak. and im sure this post made no sense whatsoever... darn that weed ahhhhhhhhhh

top topics

join