It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill Hitler even if it can lead to man's destruction?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 12:54 PM
link   
Um....if someone was going to go back and kill Hitler, they would have already done it. I mean....we wouldn't be talking about it, because he would be dead, understand? It's kind of hard for me to put this idea into words....

Also, there is the possibility that Hitler was supposed to have died, and someone went back in time and saved his life... Ok, I'm confusing myself now.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 01:19 PM
link   
You probably would not even have to kill him. If you just changed one event pre to the war, like maybe turning him in to a bumbling drunk, beating his ass, or anything to make his outlook on the world and the people of the world different. Those are some lame examples but since every action has a reaction I bet it probably would not take to much to change the course of history. Maybe just being at the right place at the right time.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Hmmmmm Killing Hitler ?

What if Hitler had Died and some one like Goering or Rommel had take the power ? Maybe it could have change the course of the war in their favor, according to the fact that Goering was a #ing crazy mofo ( He designed the death camps ) and that Rommel was a tactical genius.... Wich could have been really more dangerous than hitler.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Neither of them would have worked. They both had tremendous power and that's all they needed and could use. Adolph Hitler was the head guy due to his charisma; not because he was a genius or had good ideas or even because he was a true war hero. There have been very few head honchos who did not have serious charisma. Look at Clinton...Reagan...JFK...Tony Blair. Charisma goes a long way when you are elected or appointmented. Hitler was a perfect choice for the leader of the Nazi party.

Back to the debate on hand, it depends. Does the time travel occur on our plane of existence or another plane of time and space. If it is ours, no. Because no matter what I tried, it would still have the same outcome. I would never be able to accomplish my mission.

If it was another plane, it depends...lost my point, I'll try again later.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman
If Hitler had been killed by a time travelling dude and there was no war, we wouldnt have the technology that we have today. During WW1 and WW2 technology jumped forward like hell. We wouldnt have the aeroplanes that we have or the new transport, if get what i mean?

Now have you ever thought about learning as much as you can about technology, engineering, physics, How everything and anything works, what you need, how to do it, etc.....Then Go back into the past.....And try as hard as you can to remake these technologies, get them out into society, etc.....Making technology jump Waaaay ahead...

Or how about learning everything you could, then going back and helping hitler, being his coach, trainer sorta thing....And telling him what to do, say, teaching him in heaps of things, and getting him to rise to power and do things your way.....Without the killing of the Jews, or with, But using everything that you know fro the future of what happened in the past.....to right the wrong of hitlers army, to make hitlers army stronger than ever, etc, and win. Aiming for a One World Government. Or just the total control of Europe/Russia.

[Edited on 29-11-2003 by DaRAGE]

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Building up some more, building a HUGE army....And then conquering some more....With your technical know-how...you would be much more advanced than the other Nations....Just imagine.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   
no i wouldnt, it would change the timeline to much.

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
That is a hard one to answer, i don't think i would have the guts to kill anyone but boy I sure can think of how to torture someone like him

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:12 PM
link   
Bert seems to be taking a fondness to Hitler:

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 06:26 PM
link   
Better yet...What about amking your own atlantis?

Going back in time to Just say..England, In the medievil periods or something. SOmehow becoming king. Making as much techonoogical progress where possible. And Making sure the island is protected at the borders....and then Making sur enone leaves the island...And building up a society through technological advances that you've learned from the future...

And then building up an army and taking over the world with ease

World Domination...that's what it's all about...

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Englishman
If Hitler had been killed by a time travelling dude and there was no war, we wouldnt have the technology that we have today. During WW1 and WW2 technology jumped forward like hell. We wouldnt have the aeroplanes that we have or the new transport, if get what i mean?

We wouldn't have the technology to take us "back" in time (not that we do now, but you know).

Ah yes, as Kubricke believed, humans are just killer apes with big weapons and technology of destruction.

posted on Nov, 30 2003 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Hmmm.... world domination vs altruism.... why not both?

DE

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join