It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would you kill Hitler even if it can lead to man's destruction?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:30 AM
link   
I was watching 'Time Cop' movie and liked a line in there.

If you can go back in time, would you kill Hitler?
Remember killing him might inveitably lead to a series of events that can lead to manhood's destruction?

Are you willing to take that chance?

Someone right now is saying, we musn't waste our time talking about history and we must be planning for the future. But if we don't learn from our mistakes in our past we are destined to repeat them in the future. (I didn't make it up.)

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 02:51 AM
link   
My call is that if you take one shot, you have to follow up and take a second. Taking out Hitler doesn't guarantee that WW2 isn't fought. Ever play the original Red Alert? In the introduction to that game, someone goes back and removes Hitler in his youth, only have to Stalin rise up and cause a ruckus in his place. My idea is to go back and eliminate all the 'problems' like Hitler and Stalin, ensuring a nice, quaint decade even if it means technological and economic stagnation.

DE

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:08 AM
link   
If you go back and kill Hitler then chances are that not one of us would be alive today. Oh, there would probably be around the same number of people on the planet if there were no other major world wars, but it would not be the same people that are here now. The timeline would be too messed up. Killing Hitler is not a minor thing that effects a few people. It is something that effects probably 95% of the people on the planet today.

Maybe some guy from my hometown who died in the war would have had a son that my mother would have married instead of my dad. I wouldn't be here. Every person on this earth beat the odds, we are all less than a one in a billion shot. If any other one of my dads millions of sperms that he shot out that night had inpregnated my mom somebody else would have been born, not me. That person would have had slightly different genetic information. And if my mom had become pregnant a week earlier or a week later, that baby too would have different genetic info than me.

What I am saying is that I am here because my parents had sex at that precise time. If Hitler was assisinated the whole world changes, the chance of my parents having sex at that exact time and passing on the same genetic information is pretty slim.

So yes you would save the lives of the people that died in the war. But you would doom about 6 billion of the people on this planet right now to non-existence. But hey, 6 billion other people that never existed might take our places. I would still not go back and do it.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by greenkoolaid
If you go back and kill Hitler then chances are that not one of us would be alive today. Oh, there would probably be around the same number of people on the planet if there were no other major world wars, but it would not be the same people that are here now. The timeline would be too messed up. Killing Hitler is not a minor thing that effects a few people. It is something that effects probably 95% of the people on the planet today.

Maybe some guy from my hometown who died in the war would have had a son that my mother would have married instead of my dad. I wouldn't be here. Every person on this earth beat the odds, we are all less than a one in a billion shot. If any other one of my dads millions of sperms that he shot out that night had inpregnated my mom somebody else would have been born, not me. That person would have had slightly different genetic information. And if my mom had become pregnant a week earlier or a week later, that baby too would have different genetic info than me.

What I am saying is that I am here because my parents had sex at that precise time. If Hitler was assisinated the whole world changes, the chance of my parents having sex at that exact time and passing on the same genetic information is pretty slim.

So yes you would save the lives of the people that died in the war. But you would doom about 6 billion of the people on this planet right now to non-existence. But hey, 6 billion other people that never existed might take our places. I would still not go back and do it.

I'm perfectly aware of the odds agaisnt an individual's birth. It's in the order of several trillion to one- that's why I'm such a big believer in luck. However, what to say of those that didn't survive? Russian losses in the push to Berlin stand at 5 million. If those 5 million people get a shot at life, I'm willing to sacrifice myself for it.

Plus, it also means there's a good chance that Dubya isn't born. Take one for the team, kids.

DE

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
... If those 5 million people get a shot at life, I'm willing to sacrifice myself for it.

What if you have to sacrifice not only you, but another 5 million people including you.

Would you do it?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Hmmm, lets see....
5 million Russians, untold other Allies lives.....6-9 million Jews.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........

Yeah....hitler be TOAST!

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seekerof
Hmmm, lets see....
5 million Russians, untold other Allies lives.....6-9 million Jews.....Hmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm........
Yeah....hitler be TOAST
seekerof

Are you sure, you might become TOAST too!!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 01:58 PM
link   
Yes....i'm postive....TOAST, I would have to become.

Sad part is, history has a tendency to repeat itself quite often......

regards
seekerof

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Sacrifices must be made, surfsup. I agree with seekerof.

DE

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Sacrifices must be made, surfsup. I agree with seekerof.

DE

Well, if the killing of Hitler resulted in your not being born, you would not have been born to have the chance to go back and kill Hitler.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Barbarian

Well, if the killing of Hitler resulted in your not being born, you would not have been born to have the chance to go back and kill Hitler.

But you would have already killed Hitler, so you will not be born.
It does matter if you are not born or not, you would have killed Hitler!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:29 PM
link   
No, I would not kill Hitler. What would we put in our history books?? Duh...

Besides, we are human. We enjoy killing each other. And dont tell me thats not the truth.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Seapeople
No, I would not kill Hitler. What would we put in our history books?? Duh...
Besides, we are human. We enjoy killing each other.
And dont tell me thats not the truth.

No, that is not true. I don't enjoy killing anyone.

You care more about what to put in history books, than lives of 60 million innocents?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:49 PM
link   

My call is that if you take one shot, you have to follow up and take a second. Taking out Hitler doesn't guarantee that WW2 isn't fought. Ever play the original Red Alert? In the introduction to that game, someone goes back and removes Hitler in his youth, only have to Stalin rise up and cause a ruckus in his place. My idea is to go back and eliminate all the 'problems' like Hitler and Stalin, ensuring a nice, quaint decade even if it means technological and economic stagnation.

DE

That "someone" was Einstein.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:52 PM
link   
well theers a game called Red alert. in the beginning Enistine gose back intime and kills hitler right when he gets out of prison. no WWII. so you think. russia launches a blitz across europe and nearly takes it over. so if hitler was killed before wwii all of europe would probally of been under communisn at some time or another.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyIvan
well theers a game called Red alert. in the beginning Enistine gose back intime and kills hitler right when he gets out of prison. no WWII. so you think. russia launches a blitz across europe and nearly takes it over. so if hitler was killed before wwii all of europe would probally of been under communisn at some time or another.

What if we kill Hitler and Stalin?

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by maynardsthirdeye

DE

That "someone" was Einstein.

you'd probally have some one worse than stalin come in.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 04:55 PM
link   
No,
but i wouldn't have humped his mother and left... oh wait.... damn....

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 05:03 PM
link   
That was the root of my 'second shot' comment, surfup. But this whole argument begs the question:'Why not go adn take out Attila, too? And this person and that...'

That and the whole temporal causality thing....

DE

posted on Nov, 29 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
If Hitler had been killed by a time travelling dude and there was no war, we wouldnt have the technology that we have today. During WW1 and WW2 technology jumped forward like hell. We wouldnt have the aeroplanes that we have or the new transport, if get what i mean?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join