It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Woman walks to ambulance after 820ft fall

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:53 PM
link   

A woman who fell 820 feet from a mountain amazed rescue workers when she got up and walked to a waiting ambulance.

The 27-year-old Czech woman, named only as Monika, was scaling the 9,000 foot Mount Gerlachovsky with six other climbers when she slipped, lost her footing and tumbled off the side.

www.ananova.com...

They definitely should NOT have let her walk to the ambulance. She was ONE lucky woman and should go home and play the lotto.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Wow. Superwoman or something..thats pretty wild. . .pretty cool too. Anyways, I'll talk more tomorrow. Night Folks.

-wD

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:07 PM
link   
Damn! She's very lucky to have have only broken her pelvis!
That would be amazing to see.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Wonder how bad her pelvis was broken?

Looks she walked, so maybe a hairline fracture.

Your thoughts?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Well, she's used up her lifetime's worth of luck. wtach her get struck by lightning or something.

DE

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx
... wtach her get struck by lightning or something.

How nice of you so say that.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:33 PM
link   

Wonder how bad her pelvis was broken?

Looks she walked, so maybe a hairline fracture.

Your thoughts?

Your probably right about the hairline fracture surfup. But they still shouldn't have let her walk. Sometimes other complications don't kick in right away.

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:34 PM
link   
Wouldn't her fracture hurt as hell if she walks?

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Wouldn't her fracture hurt as hell if she walks?

I'm thinking her adrenalin was really up and she probably didn't even notice the pain. I know when I was in a bad auto accident...... where my knees were crushed and a nasty concussion. I didn't feel any pain until hours later. Boy it really set in than!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by surfup

How nice of you so say that.

Sorry, but I'm a practical kind of guy. There's onyl so much luck to go around, right?

DE

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Wow that's almost as hard to believe as a man from a cave changed american society forever!!

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeusEx

Sorry, but I'm a practical kind of guy. There's onyl so much luck to go around, right?

Luck is just a word.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 12:32 AM
link   
i can just see it now,

thyth busters: Woman falls 820 feet and sirvis, now we test

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:32 AM
link   

I'm thinking her adrenalin was really up and she probably didn't even notice the pain. I know when I was in a bad auto accident...... where my knees were crushed and a nasty concussion. I didn't feel any pain until hours later. Boy it really set in than!

I agree, not only would the adrenaline be flowing, but she must have been in shock as well.

The paramedics should have made her get on a spine board or whatever it's called.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 10:50 AM
link   
I was rock climbing one day...fell 500 feet...a fellow climber and life saving friend caught me and stopped me from falling over the next cliff. No hard core damage...just torn up jeans and shirt and a lot of "rock-rash"...hehe. Thank you Oleeo...you saved my life.

posted on Nov, 28 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's amazing. It reminds me of the story of the stewardess who fell from 36,000 feet after a plane broke up, glanced off the side of a mountain and survived, in the 70's.

join