It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost City Of Atlantis? (maybe0

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by intelgurl

Originally posted by NetStorm

Originally posted by manoverboard
www.atlan.org...
I found this site about Atlantis. It's very interesting, so tell me what you think of it. Tell me if you agree with it.

Uhhhhhhh Krakatau erupted in 1883, there is no way it could have ended the Ice Age!!!!

Yeah, that Kraktoa theory had me grinning as well...

Like your avatar btw

posted on Jan, 11 2004 @ 11:57 PM
link   
This passage is a poetic parallel to the mystery of the century...Is Atlantis a fairy tale...was it actually a real place?

"...and some things that should not have been forgotten, were lost.
History became legend...Legend became myth
...and for two and a half thousand years the ring passed out of all knowledge...untill, when chance came, it ensnared a new bearer."

"My precious."

posted on Jan, 15 2004 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Atlantis isn't too frafected an idea, but the placement of it near the asian/Australian Area is entirely off. By that time 10,000 years ago, the earth's "major" continetal shifts were over obviously. So to say that an area that was on the website existed and is now gone is near impossible. We have proof of a landbridge crossing Alaska and russia, in the most barren parts of the world, how the hell wouldn't we ahve found a bunch of land there in all those islands?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 07:16 AM
link   
If Atlantis was just the capital of the continent, how the hell did just Atlantis sink (if it was inland) and not the rest of S. America?

I think that Atlantis was deifinitely real.

People have been discussing where it sank, which is pretty hard, but I was curious as to what people thought of the whole Atlantean Crystal thing and their powers...

Is it possible that it just drifted out and joined onto another continent? Or, if it was far out enough, could it have sunk through the mid-atlantic ridge? Was that around then? I mean there was the whole case with that island that popped up over night (I forget what it was called...). If an island can pop up out of a plate boundary, is it possible for one to be sucked into one?

posted on Jan, 25 2004 @ 05:46 PM
link   
(I don't know if I really believe this myself.)

Here's what I found relating to crystals near Bimini.

Atlanteans inhabited the city of Murias that lay in a valley near Bimini. The researcher describes that on a hill above Murias the Atlanteans built an exquisite healing temple. The most unusual feature of the enormous temple at Murias was its translucent rock crystal windows, which local people remembered until contemporary times.

This would explain the Fountain of Youth myth that Ponce Dilion spent his life looking for.

www.atlantisinsights.net...

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 07:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ashley
i think antarctica is atlantis.The continent used to be located further north between africa and south america...

Funny, I just finished a Clive Cussler novel titled Atlantis Found and the plot centered around the lost city being on Antarctica, off the Ross Ice Shelf. Interesting concept and story.

Originally posted by goose
I recently saw a documentary on Atlantis and some scientist is saying that what is left of Atlantis is Cuba, that there is clear evidence that part of it sank earlier and that all evidence points to it being the lost city of atlantis.

I recall seeing some blurbs on the Internet about a sunken city off Cuba a few years back. Seems the find was in about 2200 feet of water. Here is a small story on it reported by Linda Molton Howe - Underwater City Reported Off Western Cuba.

posted on Jan, 26 2004 @ 06:46 PM
link   
The latest video images, at that depth near Cuba, can be seen from this web link:

www.earthfiles.com...

posted on Jan, 31 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
There was a quite believable theory about Atlantis which was posted in the old ATS News section. The story went that Atlantis was infact buried under the sand in Sahara. That the thing about Atlantis dissapearing in the sea had to do with a mistranslation of an Egyptian word. Tried to find it, but I didn't find it...

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Feb, 4 2004 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Atlantis was probably real i really dont know

posted on Feb, 8 2004 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Ancient symbols relating to Empire of Troy found on megalithic stones found in Cuban waters at a depth of 2200ft.

www.seeekers.net...

posted on Feb, 13 2004 @ 11:29 PM
link   
Well I was doing some research on the Minoan Civilization when I came across a book called Unearthing Atlantis. It said that the story of Atlantis came from a volcanic eruption on the island of Thera which was part of the Minoan Civilization. The eruption supposedly caused tidal waves that pushed water 30 miles inland. If you think about it the Minoans were advanced for their time and all due to the fact that they had running water, advanced navigational skills and other things like that. The time period of the eruption also matches with the original story of Atlantis

posted on Feb, 14 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by KKing123
around 10,000 years ago, which was right around the time the first big city states were developing

Or about 4000 years prior if you use archaeological evidence to back up your claims. Human civilisation is about 6000 years old.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join