It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost City Of Atlantis? (maybe0

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 10:57 AM
link   
Try my link, see what you think....

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 11:30 AM
link   
i think antarctica is atlantis.The continent used to be located further north between africa and south america.That is why both of those continents had have similar ruins,travelers east and west from atlantis.Atlantis then shifted south making travel impossible like it was when it was more north.Also as the continent of antarctica traveled south below the horizon it would look as though it was sinking.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Also as the continent of antarctica traveled south below the horizon it would look as though it was sinking.

Interesting idea, but the sinking was supposed to be relatively overnight....continental drift doesn't quite fit....

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Interesting.... Sir Francis Bacon equates Atlantis with the Americas, in the 1800's....

www.geocities.com...

posted on Dec, 30 2003 @ 11:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Interesting.... Sir Francis Bacon equates Atlantis with the Americas, in the 1800's....

www.geocities.com...

I plan to find the complete work of Sir Francis Bacon on The New Atlantis. His published work pre-dates a novel I was interested in, which was written in 1886. This later author must have been inspired by Sir Francis Bacon. The novel I'm referring to is "Atla" By Mrs. J. Gregory Smith (Ann Eliza Brainerd) published in 1886.

posted on Jan, 6 2004 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I'm a new user, though i've lurked at ats for awhile. I've resisted the urge to post til today - a few too many sleepless nights educating myself online... Hopefully i'll remain "below the radar"

In a discovery channel documentary I saw a year or two ago, they showed how ancient trade routes across the sahara were pretty easily discovered by satellite. Basically, the sand was very dense (compressed) due to traffic on these routes. There were few of them - thus those that existed were heavily travelled and were also used for hundreds of years.

The documentary did mention that they thought they'd found a few minor trading posts due to the research. But if they are so easily viewed, I find it hard to believe that an entire civilization (especially one reported to be as grandiose as Atlantis) could be hidden beneath.

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by BelowtheRadar]

[Edited on 6-1-2004 by BelowtheRadar]

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I recently saw a documentary on Atlantis and some scientist is saying that what is left of Atlantis is Cuba, that there is clear evidence that part of it sank earlier and that all evidence points to it being the lost city of atlantis.

posted on Jan, 7 2004 @ 05:47 AM
link   
I watched a really good program a few months ago in which a man claimed that Atlantis was an island roughly 10-20 miles off the coast of Greece which had sunk just below the surface due to volcanic activity.I can't remember the name of the program but interestingly lots of fisherman kept consistantly finding various ceramics from the rough area he claims it was and he explained his version about the 'pillars' quite well as 2 islands that were more like columns of rock that emerged from the sea and are still known in the local area today as 'the pillars'.

posted on Jan, 8 2004 @ 03:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by goose
I recently saw a documentary on Atlantis and some scientist is saying that what is left of Atlantis is Cuba, that there is clear evidence that part of it sank earlier and that all evidence points to it being the lost city of atlantis.

There are many clues pointing to the Caribbean as the lost civilization of Atlantis. Check out the web site of Andrew Collins who breaks down mythology and clues of Plato Critias and Timaeus to fit the island of Cuba. He has a book called, "Gatway to Atlantis". Personally I think the sunken land was in all of the Caribbean. The strange sonar readings from 2001 are coming from between Cuba and the Yucatan Peninsula. There are a few Mayan temple pyramids in the Yucatan and its possible there are some suken in this watery channel to the Gulf of Mexico. The natives in that area say in legend that long ago their ancestor's civilization was sunk. There is even a Mayan stone frieze that shows an indian looking man rowing away while a volcanoe is erupting an sinking into the ocean, while a temple pyramid is sinking into the water at an angle. Isn't interesting that Mexico's original name was Aztlan. Many ancient names around the Yucatan and Mexico end in "tlan" or atlan".
There was one web site that pieced together the sonar readings and came up with a three dimensional image of the object 2000ft. below the sea.

www.andrewcollins.net...

I cannot find the link to the computer image I found a while ago. I have the jpeg image of it. It looks cool! If you want to try to search for a site containing the image try searches with: cubapyramid, cuba underwater monument, Dean Clarke Aug. 28 2002.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

The documentary did mention that they thought they'd found a few minor trading posts due to the research. But if they are so easily viewed, I find it hard to believe that an entire civilization (especially one reported to be as grandiose as Atlantis) could be hidden beneath

Ahh, but the ancient civilization of South America (i.e. continent of Atlantis), is easily seen, no?
And trade routes between South America and Ancient Egypt are all but confirmed for many archeologists.

Supernova, I think you are thinking of the island of Thera (an excellent contender, but still lacking many pieces of the puzzle).

The bottom line is, Plato stated the story was fact. He was very precise with his measurements, including the size of the continent (i.e. larger than Libya and Asia combined, etc.) The confusion arises because the continent and the capital city shared the same name. The city sank, the continent did not.

The Altiplano fits the bill to a tee...including even a local story about a sinking capital city, the orichalcum, the red/white/black brick combination, and every single measurement given.

posted on Jan, 9 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
Yes North America is the New Atlantis.

Bacon being a major mason of course would know.

But the original Atlantis still seems to have been somewhere in the mid-Atlantic as best location.

some ideas on Atlantis from Cassiopaea.org

Q: (L) Where do the Basques come from?
A: Atlantis.
Q: (L) Is their language the Atlantean language?
A: Derivative.
Q: (L) Which came first, the Sumerians of the Egyptians.
A: Sumerians.
Q: (L) Where did the Egyptians come from?
A: Atlantis.
Q: (L) Which came first, the Sumerians or Atlanteans?
A: Atlanteans.
Q: (L) Were the Sumerians a high civilization at the same time
the Atlanteans were?
A: After.
Q: (L) Did the Atlanteans go to Sumeria and afterwards go to
Egypt?
A: Traveled.
Q: (L) The Atlanteans traveled to Sumeria?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Did they set up outposts in Sumeria?
A: Yes.
Q: (L) Then did the main Atlanteans move to Egypt when
Atlantis was destroyed?
A: Yes. And elsewhere.
Q: (L) Where else did the Atlanteans go?
A: Americas. Inca. Aztec. Maya. Hopi Tribe. Pima tribe.

I'll add more later on.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 01:19 AM
link   
After the sinking of the great land around Atlan, through great volcanic eruptions of the snow-capped mountains and their sinking as well, the survivors report this:

"And King Zemar reigned long and prosperously. His study of the laws of Atlantis, and administration of justice in a city where his unworthy father, Kron, was so potent, developed in him a poise of character and genius for statesmanship far beyond his years.
His gentleness, combined in such an unusual manner with integrity and firmness, fitted him to become the founder of one of the most magnificent empires of antiquity, of which the Toltec and Aztec were but lingering shadows. The remains of its of its civilization in colossal architecture and stupendous public works, are the astonishment of travellers to this very day."

-Atla(1886)

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:40 PM
link   
Well,there are have been developed many theories regarding Atlantis the following are these that i have heard:
-Atlantis was the greek island of Thira(Santorini)\.During the 2nd millenium BC the volcano of the island exploded and the 2/3 of the island were covered by water.Archeologists have found the remnants of a very developed civillazation(but not with such superior technology as ppl believe about Atlantis)
-Atlantis was the Island of Crete,and its inhabitants where the Minoans,a naval civillization whose ships where dominant in the Mediterannian Sea before 1400BC.The Minoan cities where destroyed by a huge tidal wave and earthquakes.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I just looked the other's theories and opinions regarding Atlantis!!!I guess that u find the theories i wrote before too realistic huh?Well,according to my opinion,Plato didn't believe that Atlantis did really excist.He just told the story in order to show that the superior civillazations shouldn't use their technology advance by disturbing the peace,else they would be finally punished-for being arrogant.

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by manoverboard
www.atlan.org...

I found this site about Atlantis. It's very interesting, so tell me what you think of it. Tell me if you agree with it.

~~xx~~
its a good read
its interesting...but sometimes gets too muddled in too many tangets at once

i'm putting it in a favorites file..with other Myths sites

Agree??? i'm no scientist or researcher/anthropologist

i'm more into lostinspace viewpoint...the carribean is the general location, then other cultures/civ.s radiated from that Atlantas area, over time

thanks Gazrok too, for the link;
enjoy the journey

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 08:26 PM
link   
FOLLOW UP:::

here's a good source and in depth account of the
presentations, err Stories that are not Fiction...
TIMAEUS, CRITIAS... concerning Atlantis V. Athenians...some 9000 years before Plato's time

www.world-mysteries.com...

~v~
theres also a less than flattering image of these
'alien' peoples of Atlantis
and it gets mixed in with the 4th dimension & illuminati?
dumb humans as worker slaves...and a whole lotta stuff
that i never associated with the lost city & destruction of lands known as Atlantis....

enjoy your journey

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This first link has many underwater photos of the Bimini Roads near the Bahamas. Eventhough you may think that they are just random acts of nature, look at the last image of the site which shows a topigraphically view of all the stones; one side forms a "J" patern and the other side is straight but narrow, kind of like this "\J". The overall picture of all the stones does not look like a work of nature, but that of some sort of structure buried.

www.subversiveelement.com...

The next site shows a 3D view of what the imaging from the Canadian team found in the Yucatan channel between Cuba and the Yucatan Peninsula.

www.andrewcollins.com...

This other site shows one other image developed earlier.

geocities.com...

geocities.com...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:31 PM
link   

www.atlan.org...

I found this site about Atlantis. It's very interesting, so tell me what you think of it. Tell me if you agree with it.

Uhhhhhhh Krakatau erupted in 1883, there is no way it could have ended the Ice Age!!!!

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm

www.atlan.org...

Uhhhhhhh Krakatau erupted in 1883, there is no way it could have ended the Ice Age!!!!

Yeah, that Kraktoa theory had me grinning as well...

posted on Jan, 10 2004 @ 10:52 PM
link   
Here's more detailed info on the Cuban pyramids:

www.earthfiles.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join