It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Lost City Of Atlantis? (maybe0

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 24 2003 @ 09:09 PM
link   
www.atlan.org...

I found this site about Atlantis. It's very interesting, so tell me what you think of it. Tell me if you agree with it.

posted on Nov, 25 2003 @ 07:10 AM
link   
I will read your link in a second, just wanted to say that at the "new portals" section there is also a new link which says that Atlantis was flooded by sand, not by water.

The site

I must say I don't believe anything about it (the flood of sand) but that's my oppionion.

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 01:00 AM
link   
actually it makes alot of sense, there is more than likely some unknown large city state(s) under the sahara, simply because of how recently it turned into a desert, before it turned into a desert it would have been the perfect place for a civilization to start, i've never thought about this theory before but it makes alot of sense to me now

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
i guess in a way that would make a bit of sense but didnt atlantis have water all the way round it and wasnt it an island??????????????

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   
How recently did Sahara turn into a desert?

posted on Nov, 26 2003 @ 11:26 PM
link   
around 10,000 years ago, which was right around the time the first big city states were developing

posted on Nov, 27 2003 @ 10:21 AM
link   
Atlantis is supposed to be an island as Bourbon already says... It is also described by Plato, which supossed to be on a ship... and not on land... next to this on the ocean... not on a river or something.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Maybe Atlantis was flooded by both water and sand. I believe the city can be found under the ground that lies under the ocean. I believe that if we looked hard enough.. we would find remnants of the lost city beneath the ground and ocean.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 01:36 AM
link   
Do Christians believe in Atlantis?
I mean does it speak of Atlantis in any texts?
Im just curious?

I read somewhere that the ancient Hindu gods Fought against the Atlantians who they considered to be the same as modern day america, A country with profound cashe of technology and weaponry, wich eventually lead to thier own destruction.

I forgot the site though

Deep

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 07:12 PM
link   
How does Plato knows about Atlantis? From mesopotomian sources or other?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 03:47 PM
link   
plato supposedly found out form a guy who's dad heard it from an egyptian priest if i remember properly
and it could easily make sense as words are commonly misinterpretted, sometimes deliberately, and the meaning is entirely different, i wonder if our deluge will be of water or fire

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Seen this before. Seems to be a newer theory concerning Atlantis. Not sure myself, seems that the location is too far from rumoured location. The area may well be location of other lost civilization in past though.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 10:56 PM
link   
The Mayans, Toltecs and Aztecs were the many generations produced after the sinking of the great continent around the Caribbean. Great roads are found off the coast of Bimini(near the Bahamas). There's also legends of the Maya people that their ancient city flooded and sank into the sea. Mexico's ancient name was Aztlan. Check out some of the original indian names around Mexico and the Yucatan: Atlan, Mazatlan, Cihuatlan, Cacatlan, Autlan, Tecaltitlan, and many more. The portion of the name "tlan" in all these locations share the same wording as, "Atlan"tis.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by lostinspace
The Mayans, Toltecs and Aztecs were the many generations produced after the sinking of the great continent around the Caribbean. Great roads are found off the coast of Bimini(near the Bahamas). There's also legends of the Maya people that their ancient city flooded and sank into the sea. Mexico's ancient name was Aztlan. Check out some of the original indian names around Mexico and the Yucatan: Atlan, Mazatlan, Cihuatlan, Cacatlan, Autlan, Tecaltitlan, and many more. The portion of the name "tlan" in all these locations share the same wording as, "Atlan"tis.

Bermuda Triangle perhaps? It's a conveinent theory anyway! Any links or books on this?

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:14 PM
link   
Ive seen those "roads" off Bimini. You're really pushin it if you think they are from an old civilization. They looked unique but natural to me.

posted on Dec, 22 2003 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Books that caught my attention were:

"Gateway to Atlantis" by Andrew Collins published in 2000.
www.andrewcollins.om

The other is rather a rare fantasy novel called, "Atla" published in 1886 by a woman named Mrs. J. Gregory Smith.

This woman also wrote a fantasy novel about the Flood of Noah's day in which a planet was destroyed to bring on the flood waters. This novel was called, "Seola" published in 1878.

posted on Dec, 24 2003 @ 08:26 AM
link   
Here is where Atlantis is/was....

www.geocities.com...

plato supposedly found out form a guy who's dad heard it from an egyptian priest if i remember properly
and it could easily make sense as words are commonly misinterpretted, sometimes deliberately, and the meaning is entirely different, i wonder if our deluge will be of water or fire

Plato was told the tale by an Egyptian priest, Solon, and was quite educated in other languages, so misinterpretation is unlikely on such a grand scale, but more likely on conversions such as names (as Plato admits), and measurements, etc. that would be culturally unique. Read the link above, and the links on that site as well....

The big point of confusion, is similar to New York City, in the state of New York. Atlantis was the name of the capital city of the kingdom, as well as the continent of South America. It is the capital that sank, not the continent. (which is pretty easy to follow, as there is no tectonic evidence of any submerged continent, especially of the size Plato mentions). The Altiplano fits the bill exactly, point by point.... I should also mention (for those claiming it is only a morality tale), that at least 3 times in the brief text, Plato makes it clear that this is a history, and a factual event, not a story.

[Edited on 24-12-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroDeep
Do Christians believe in Atlantis?

im christian, I believe in atlantis. I believe it was a real. The reason I came to that believe is if you think about its all possible. we know that ancients had pretty good navigation with the stars, and had their own technology (maybe not like ours, but they had techonology too, though made of sticks and stones). so i do believe there could be a lost island that was technology advanced. but i think we get too obsessed with and expect to find our era. you gotta remember that technology advanced in that time was if someone invented a simple magnifying glass.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 05:30 AM
link   
I have to take exception with the part that says continents don't sink, it is the sea that rises. This is only partially true as continental plates can slide over and under each other for quite a ways. I have not done enough research to form an opinion on the location of Atlantis. There is alot of stuff out there to read and absorb concerning this topic. I have even read some that say the Antarctic is Atlantis.

posted on Dec, 26 2003 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I havealways been fascinated with Atlantis, but had not read much about it. I was trying to go to the website first listed but for some reason unable to access site.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join